WR Coach Keith Williams Arrested on Suspicion of DUI

ADS

I'm not sure how much KW weighs, but an estimate of how many drinks it would take to get a BAC above .15 is a conservative 8 or 9 drinks. That's alot. That's not a whoops, I had one too many beers number but a I'm a binge drinker who has little regard for myself, my family, and the community number. And remember, this aint his first rodeo- it's how he rolls.

I have been told by alchohol experts that ONE beer or oz of booze in a cocktail is enough to bring blood alcohol content up to near .07 (just under the legal limit btw) so I would suggest that for a test of .15, it might be closer to 4 drinks in less than an hour would put you around that mark. 9 drinks would have most people blitzed and I am sure above .15 depending of course on how long the time of consumption is. A man will process approx. one drink per hour without getting much drunker than perhaps a couple drinks worth (usually two drinks is going to put an average person over the legal limit). Many people would not believe themselves too drunk to drive after one or two drinks but it is certainly risky business to have even one drink and then get caught driving. You might test 'positive' and the field sobriety test which is basically the police officer's observations (no scientific testing required btw) warrant an arrest for DUI for reasons other than too much alcohol in the blood. We don't actually know what the actual testing was or the results for certain as all of this has not even been presented in court. Errors can and do happen and 'facts' are not always reported correctly in the newspapers, etc.

One sobering realization after all of this is that it's clear that many people truly do not take driving under the influence seriously.

I don't think it's necessarily not taking it seriously. Some people may think that it doesn't warrant losing your job if you can still do said job.

Of course he could still perform his job. What kind of message are you sending though by letting him continue teaching/leading college kids albeit in a fairly public role after just getting your 3rd DUI charge?

Not a good one that's for sure.

Bobby Petrino and Mike Leach are two very good examples of how people tend to look past things after a short time. Especially in college football

Petrino I get, what did Leach do? The Craig James thing? That deal was BS.

I'm not arguing whether you think the situation was BS. I'm saying people have very short memories. Including the media.

I'd agree they have short memories, but my point was they aren't comparable situations, and that plays into how long it's an issue. He's also an assistant, not a HC.

I'm not sure how much KW weighs, but an estimate of how many drinks it would take to get a BAC above .15 is a conservative 8 or 9 drinks. That's alot. That's not a whoops, I had one too many beers number but a I'm a binge drinker who has little regard for myself, my family, and the community number. And remember, this aint his first rodeo- it's how he rolls.

I have been told by alchohol experts that ONE beer or oz of booze in a cocktail is enough to bring blood alcohol content up to near .07 (just under the legal limit btw) so I would suggest that for a test of .15, it might be closer to 4 drinks in less than an hour would put you around that mark. 9 drinks would have most people blitzed and I am sure above .15 depending of course on how long the time of consumption is. A man will process approx. one drink per hour without getting much drunker than perhaps a couple drinks worth (usually two drinks is going to put an average person over the legal limit).

What? Alcohol experts? No. You heard of Google bruh? I might believe that if you were drinking straight Everclear, but otherwise nah.

• Fire 1

I have been told by alchohol experts that ONE beer or oz of booze in a cocktail is enough to bring blood alcohol content up to near .07 (just under the legal limit btw) so I would suggest that for a test of .15, it might be closer to 4 drinks in less than an hour would put you around that mark. 9 drinks would have most people blitzed and I am sure above .15 depending of course on how long the time of consumption is. A man will process approx. one drink per hour without getting much drunker than perhaps a couple drinks worth (usually two drinks is going to put an average person over the legal limit).

What? Alcohol experts? No. You heard of Google bruh? I might believe that if you were drinking straight Everclear, but otherwise nah.

One sobering realization after all of this is that it's clear that many people truly do not take driving under the influence seriously.

I don't think it's necessarily not taking it seriously. Some people may think that it doesn't warrant losing your job if you can still do said job.

Of course he could still perform his job. What kind of message are you sending though by letting him continue teaching/leading college kids albeit in a fairly public role after just getting your 3rd DUI charge?

Not a good one that's for sure.

Bobby Petrino and Mike Leach are two very good examples of how people tend to look past things after a short time. Especially in college football

Petrino I get, what did Leach do? The Craig James thing? That deal was BS.

I'm not arguing whether you think the situation was BS. I'm saying people have very short memories. Including the media.

I'd agree they have short memories, but my point was they aren't comparable situations, and that plays into how long it's an issue. He's also an assistant, not a HC.

That's right. He's an assistant. It will be forgotten way sooner.

• Fire 1

instead of being my normally calm, meddling self.

giphy.gif

Hey now. Normally I am. youve met me in person. Sorry if i fall into the trap of online dialogue. LOL. But lately, i dont if it's the division election, this new string of supposed racial tensions, or the divisive state of our football program, but I've way to centered on my own opinion lately, when I was doing so well at understanding both sides. Seeing that the answer is almost always in the middle somewhere. This is a very precarious situation. I still stnad on he should lose his job over this, but I'm also putting my trust in powers that be to make the choice. Im not nearly as extreme as I was last night, saying I wouldnt support it and screw Riley and the culture. Obviously that's not true. Too much rage talking. Not enough time for thought.

I have been told by alchohol experts that ONE beer or oz of booze in a cocktail is enough to bring blood alcohol content up to near .07 (just under the legal limit btw) so I would suggest that for a test of .15, it might be closer to 4 drinks in less than an hour would put you around that mark. 9 drinks would have most people blitzed and I am sure above .15 depending of course on how long the time of consumption is. A man will process approx. one drink per hour without getting much drunker than perhaps a couple drinks worth (usually two drinks is going to put an average person over the legal limit). Many people would not believe themselves too drunk to drive after one or two drinks but it is certainly risky business to have even one drink and then get caught driving. You might test 'positive' and the field sobriety test which is basically the police officer's observations (no scientific testing required btw) warrant an arrest for DUI for reasons other than too much alcohol in the blood. We don't actually know what the actual testing was or the results for certain as all of this has not even been presented in court. Errors can and do happen and 'facts' are not always reported correctly in the newspapers, etc.

when your .15 BAC, any errors are insignificant to the outcome that you are double the legal limit

http://bloodalcoholcalculator.org/educational/understanding-bac/bac-chart/

I don't listen regularly, but is Nick Bahe typically the biggest blockhead in the state?

I listen everyday. I feel like you do I think. But to me it's not his message. I think he usually knows what he's talking about. It's just simply his tone. Something about it. Just comes off as arrogant and all-knowing. Like he's talking down to ppl. Like he for some reason feels that everyone listening is disagreeing with him. And that could very well be something he cant help. But in the end, if he's divisive in any way, and it draws audience? He's doing his job.

I'll cite my sources - it might even be relevant to how the university looks at the situation.

I'm in a fraternity at UNL. I'll be a senior this coming year, so I've seen the university go through several deaths, sexual assaults, and changes in their policy on alcohol consumption. Since the death of a fraternity member two years ago, every fraternity member currently in a chapter has gone through alcohol education classes. Every new member who joins goes through this same class, and I've been to a those the past two years as well. They bring in officials ("experts") from the university to teach us safe consumption, etc etc. The "experts" at the University of Nebraska-Lincoln teach that a standard drink, for the average male, will raise a BC by about .015.

I realize different experts will say different things. But this is what employees of UNL teach.

I'll cite my sources - it might even be relevant to how the university looks at the situation.

I'm in a fraternity at UNL. I'll be a senior this coming year, so I've seen the university go through several deaths, sexual assaults, and changes in their policy on alcohol consumption. Since the death of a fraternity member two years ago, every fraternity member currently in a chapter has gone through alcohol education classes. Every new member who joins goes through this same class, and I've been to a those the past two years as well. They bring in officials ("experts") from the university to teach us safe consumption, etc etc. The "experts" at the University of Nebraska-Lincoln teach that a standard drink, for the average male, will raise a BC by about .015.

I realize different experts will say different things. But this is what employees of UNL teach.

The accident was at 2 in the morning correct? Does it make since that at 2am Coach Williams had just recently beer bonged 2 -4 drinks and was temporarily passed the the legal limit to drive (double)? What makes more sense is that this was a long night of drinking for Coach Williams and it is by the grace of God that he didn't kill someone. And yet I hear a boat of load of irrational excuses for someone that makes binge drinking a habit. He has little regard for the safety of all of our families and he gets no sympathy from me.