Should Keith Williams Be Fired?

Mavric

Keith Williams DUI  

169 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Heres the thing about DUI. I think its bullsh#t anyone ever gets off these thongs for technicality this and that. You f'ing drank and drove and got caught. And this guy did it 3 times now. Fire his ass. And he should be in the clink a long time. Im sick of our justice system not punishing ppl. Obvious the punishment does fit this crime otherwise a guy making 6 figures to coach a game would thought a little harder before doing it a 3rd time.

If he doesnt get fired, the screw Riley and our culture. I cant supoort it.

• Fire 3

Give him an ultimatum. You can be suspended without pay for the season and you must complete addiction counseling and community service. After this period has passed and everything has been done then you can have your job back. Show we support our brothers and want to help him get better.

• Fire 2

So me get this straight: Many want to fire Coach Williams, throw him to the curb and maybe he gets the help he needs. (without even knowing the facts) That makes no sense.

The way I want to see (hope) things, things are played out is different.

I want to see he gets the support he needs and make it a learning opportunity. Under the right circumstances he should be retained, with strings attached. Williams needs Nebraska's support more than anything now. Maybe he'll become a better person with his issues worked out, and stay for a long time giving back to the fans and the program who supported him during such a difficult time in his life.

• Fire 2

Heres the thing about DUI. I think its bullsh#t anyone ever gets off these thongs for technicality this and that. You f'ing drank and drove and got caught. And this guy did it 3 times now. Fire his ass. And he should be in the clink a long time. Im sick of our justice system not punishing ppl. Obvious the punishment does fit this crime otherwise a guy making 6 figures to coach a game would thought a little harder before doing it a 3rd time.

If he doesnt get fired, the screw Riley and our culture. I cant supoort it.

I get your point what you are saying. However the way I see it: Many on these football boards can't admit to ever doing major wrong or at least admit it publicly so we can come off as being perfect in our lives. You know, say what we want without recourse. Many on these boards sure come across that way.

• Fire 1

- Yearlong suspension, with mandatory rehab paid for out of his own pocket.
- No contact with the team, outside of his son.
- Mandatory, random testing both during his suspension AND if, by some sliver of luck, he is retained.

Only if these are agreed upon and met, should he be allowed to INTERVIEW to get his job back.

No. He needs help and support for an addiction to alcohol. He's made mistakes, we ALL have made mistakes and he needs punishment so that he can learn self discipline and get into recovery. He does not need to lose his job and crumble his world worse than it is. He needs treatment.

Help him. Fine. I get it. I get the help thing. But his privelege of coaching for Nebraska is done. Or should be. I dobt give a sh#t what the repercussions on the scoreboard are. Bo pelini. Happy Valley 2011. Ibelieve is Bos finest hour. "The game shpuldntve been played." Use as an opportunity to educate.

If anyone has any doubts as to what the future holds for williams as a coach here, i think you are severly lack perspective. I think youre so caught up with the good thongs he was doin on the field and recruiting and the thought of great things for nebraska football that your judgement on the right thing is clouded. He needs to be gone. I dont care if every single WR we have transfers and every committ decommits and we go 3-9 next year. This isnt some fluke 1st time offense of which i would understamd such sentiment. Its his 3rd time. Its a pattern. If not a certainty. He should not be educatimg young men. If i had a son as a high profile receiver, I would not want him playing for KW. Keith has a LOT of work to do. Best of luck to him.

• Fire 1

Help him. Fine. I get it. I get the help thing. But his privelege of coaching for Nebraska is done. Or should be. I dobt give a sh#t what the repercussions on the scoreboard are. Bo pelini. Happy Valley 2011. Ibelieve is Bos finest hour. "The game shpuldntve been played." Use as an opportunity to educate.

If anyone has any doubts as to what the future holds for williams as a coach here, i think you are severly lack perspective. I think youre so caught up with the good thongs he was doin on the field and recruiting and the thought of great things for nebraska football that your judgement on the right thing is clouded. He needs to be gone. I dont care if every single WR we have transfers and every committ decommits and we go 3-9 next year. This isnt some fluke 1st time offense of which i would understamd such sentiment. Its his 3rd time. Its a pattern. If not a certainty. He should not be educatimg young men. If i had a son as a high profile receiver, I would not want him playing for KW. Keith has a LOT of work to do. Best of luck to him.

I would like to point out that you thought the NFL shouldn't have suspended Ray Rice for knocking out his wife in an elevator because she stayed with him.

But yet a DUI is COMPLETELY unacceptable.

• Fire 5

I would like to point out that you thought the NFL shouldn't have suspended Ray Rice for knocking out his wife in an elevator because she stayed with him.

yes. I recall that situation. I recall making smartass comments on it and not being serious about most of it. Except for the fact i thought it was ridiculous she was still with him. I dont ever recall saying the nfl shouldntve suspended him but maybe i did. But e shouldnt be allowed to play. Niether should greg hardy. Whatever. That sh#t was like 3 years ago. And fortunately for me, i learned from that sh#t episode and obviously wouldnt repeat such feeling again. Thanks for digging that up. You put me in my place.....it changes everything. Williams shouldnt be punished at all then.

Nebraska football coach Mike Riley asks his players to consider a basic mantra when it comes to certain off-field choices:

Do the right thing.

Keith Williams, the Husker receivers coach, made a poor choice. He clearly did the wrong thing.

Now, how will Riley handle the matter? What constitutes "doing the right thing?"

It's not necessarily an easy answer.

"You can have a book this thick that has every idea you can come up with about rules," Riley told reporters. "And then all of a sudden, you run into something that's not in the book. It's a new situation. So, it's not that we don't talk about specifics. I do, every meeting, talk something specific about choices.

"But, like I tell (the players), if they really sit down and think about it, in the cool of the evening, by themselves, when nobody's influencing them, and they're thinking about doing 'this' or not doing 'this,' they know the right thing. They really do. We all can do that, right? We all know, too, that they're young ... but the real, real crux of the matter is: There is a choice, and there is a right, and there is a wrong.

"So, doing the right thing to me is simple, and it covers a lot of bases."

LJS