Should Keith Williams Be Fired?

Mavric

Keith Williams DUI  

169 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

The university would have a bad background check service if they didn't know about his priors, and any industry dealing with teaching/kids usually has some of the most in-depth background checks. I moreso wonder if/what the terms were had the HR dept had a conversation with him prior to proceeding with the hiring process.

I voted yes. This is his third one and that is inexcusable imo.

If Carl Pelini didn't get fired for his many transgressions and Tim Miles is still working here with his, then Williams won't be fired. I can see him with a leash as short as a choke chain, but he won't be fired.

Carl and Miles, however, didn't get arrested for anything. They have plausible deniability (however hollow it may be) with the general, uninformed public. Coach Williams doesn't have that luxury.

He should be behind bars. Doesn't necessarily mean he will be. He should be fired. Doesn't necessarily mean he will be.

Kind of surprised a college football coach wouldn't be able to hire a lawyer to get him out of a couple DUI convictions. I know a guy who makes considerably less and has gotten out of 11 (and counting).

He should be behind bars. Doesn't necessarily mean he will be. He should be fired. Doesn't necessarily mean he will be.

Kind of surprised a college football coach wouldn't be able to hire a lawyer to get him out of a couple DUI convictions. I know a guy who makes considerably less and has gotten out of 11 (and counting).

That's disgusting. With all due respect, that is absolutely disgusting.

Rileys sound bite made it sound like the plan is to keep him.

Football comes first here folks

While I don't think I'd make the same decision, I can think of plenty of scenarios where Williams would be retained but it wouldn't be at a "win at all costs" mentality. There's some space in between the ends of the dichotomy.

• Fire 4