The Nebraska Way

NUance, let me see if I can help with wording.

1. You are not advocating what LP did, was in anyway appropriate or acceptable behavior, and in fact, you believe his actions could have and quite possibly should have been subject of criminal proceedings.

2. By virtue of hindsight, it appears that Kate received additional monies that would not have been available had LP not received the funds he obtained from going so high in the draft, which may in fact have been affected in a negative way had TO not played him in the bowl game. While you are troubled that Kate was a victim of domestic abuse, you are simply acknowledging that she was most likely the recipient of a larger amount than she would have been, had LP not been drafted so high.

3. It is your opinion, that the fact that she was an athlete herself, most likely helped her deal with the physical nature of the abuse in a more favorable way from that of non-athletes.

All of the above in no way should be construed as you thinking what happened was in anyway deserved or acceptable.

• Fire 1

Good god, man.

Wv6S3jz.jpg

Instead of making snarky little posts like that why don't you two jokers point to portion of my post that you have an issue with, or is factually incorrect.

I'd prefer to pretend you hadn't said those things, and let it go. If you'd like to have a full discussion, that probably belongs in P&R, General Talk or the Shed, depending on how far down people want to go in this line of conversation.

Good god, man.

Wv6S3jz.jpg

Instead of making snarky little posts like that why don't you two jokers point to portion of my post that you have an issue with, or is factually incorrect.

I'd prefer to pretend you hadn't said those things, and let it go. If you'd like to have a full discussion, that probably belongs in P&R, General Talk or the Shed, depending on how far down people want to go in this line of conversation.

Knapp is right. It just isn't worth it anymore. If you want to discuss it further, you can PM me. I have nothing more to say about this.

Geebus F'n krist....Lighten up everybody.
What a shitshow. :bang

The way some people take a comment and run with it like it's the end of the world..... :ahhhhhhhh
What goes on inside some of your heads that turns "she got a bigger payday" into you're a woman beating POS.
Just chill out with that revisionist hyperbolic bullsh#t or, better yet, take a break for a few days. Your rational logic thingamajig ain't working properly.

Somebody (not naming names) is putting in overtime inflaming this subject yet again.

If you feel that strongly that you can't have a semi-civil discussion about it, bail out and leave it alone. :wasted

• Fire 1

Geebus F'n krist....Lighten up everybody.

What a shitshow. :bang

The way some people take a comment and run with it like it's the end of the world..... :ahhhhhhhh

What goes on inside some of your heads that turns "she got a bigger payday" into you're a woman beating POS.

Just chill out with that revisionist hyperbolic bullsh#t or, better yet, take a break for a few days. Your rational logic thingamajig ain't working properly.

Somebody (not naming names) is putting in overtime inflaming this subject yet again.

If you feel that strongly that you can't have a semi-civil discussion about it, bail out and leave it alone. :wasted

Have you BEEN to those other forums?

it wasnt valueless from the get go. i thought it was an interesting topic. You know, the 6 posts that were actually about it. The other 8,349 posts about TO and LP, however.........

Yeah, it sorta was....

There were literally only 2 or 3 posts on the Nebraska Way until it devolved into this turd.

I apologize to everyone for my involvement in this.

Not only should it be locked, it should be nuked from existence. Nobody will miss it, at all.

• Fire 1

Honestly I would be embarassed if an outside fan stumbled across this board and clicked on the thread titled "The Nebraska Way".

Honestly, if youre embarrassed by what outside fans think about what goes on on message boards, you might wanna reevaluate what's important to you.

If youre really being honest that is.

• Fire 1

it wasnt valueless from the get go. i thought it was an interesting topic. You know, the 6 posts that were actually about it. The other 8,349 posts about TO and LP, however.........

Didn't you take part in some of those posts?

and........

All im saying is that the Nebraska Way topic as it was was interesting to me. But the rest on one facet of Husker football history wasnt necessarily that. it was just a cog in and long line of instances used to define the way. This topic turned into only about that. It doesnt matter that i partook in that convo as well. And I have no ill feelings towards. its just that the point remains. The original topic i dont feel was valueless. the LP discussion? probably so.