AJ Bush Transfering - IWCC, then Virginia Tech, now Illinois

Best of luck to Mr. Bush. Young man is a heck of an athlete he'll do well at the right place.

Wasn't there some award winning 4* NU legacy QB out there in '15 that BoBeck didn't think much of so he settled for a tOSU scholly? Lulz. Burrow threw for 196 yds and 3 TDs in front of 100K fans at tOSU's spring game. But he probably sucks. Bo was the worst QB recruiter in history. Lucky for us that Taylor Martinez was so fast and tough..OMG what would things have been like if not for that recruit (a 3* athlete who played more WR on scout team than he did QB and RB).

• Fire 2

QB is a tough position to play if you are not the #1 or #2 guy and see little chance of getting there. I don't blame Bush for leaving if he wants to get on the field. So does this increase the chances of POB not red-shirting now? If Armstrong goes down, Fyfe is the starter, and you must have a backup ready for him. As much as Tommy runs the ball, he has a good chance of getting banged up, just at Taylor Martinez did his senior year.

I would say keep him red shirted since that was the plan. If Tommy goes down, yank it and let POB show us what he can do as the guy behind Fyfe.

There is no such thing as "yanking" or pulling a redshirt as though it's a designation.

If he plays, he uses eligibility. If he doesn't, he preserves it, even if he takes all the reps with the varsity and travels to every game.

I think what Redux was simply saying is to take POB out of redshirt status if Armstrong got injured...otherwise to preserve it for the full season.

It is, he's just choosing to nit pick.

QB is a tough position to play if you are not the #1 or #2 guy and see little chance of getting there. I don't blame Bush for leaving if he wants to get on the field. So does this increase the chances of POB not red-shirting now? If Armstrong goes down, Fyfe is the starter, and you must have a backup ready for him. As much as Tommy runs the ball, he has a good chance of getting banged up, just at Taylor Martinez did his senior year.

I would say keep him red shirted since that was the plan. If Tommy goes down, yank it and let POB show us what he can do as the guy behind Fyfe.

There is no such thing as "yanking" or pulling a redshirt as though it's a designation.

If he plays, he uses eligibility. If he doesn't, he preserves it, even if he takes all the reps with the varsity and travels to every game.

I think what Redux was simply saying is to take POB out of redshirt status if Armstrong got injured...otherwise to preserve it for the full season.

It is, he's just choosing to nit pick.

Lol...I've seen that on other forums too. :)

People are so silly in their conclusions.

Is it surprising that QBs recruited for one system would leave (ala Tanner Lee) when the system changes? Attrition like that isn't even unusual when there's no upheaval.

TO QB recruits from '88-'91:

Bart James - never lettered

Mike Grant - 3 letters, but no honors

Marvin Callies - never lettered

Todd Gragnano - never lettered

Matt Jones - never lettered

Berringer - 4 letters and consummate great backup

Chester Johnson - 3 letters at receiver

Tony Veland - 3 letters at safety

It is amusing to watch people flail about this when the majority of them are the ones who have argued day in and day or that Riley needs time to get a QB for his system.

Classic example of uninformed critics latching onto random stat pulled out of thin air with zero context.

Confirmation bias rears its head again.

There's a reason, relatively speaking, why Nebraska wasn't very successful from 1988 to 1991.

• Fire 1

I have to wonder if one of the "signs" he's referring to is related to Keith Williams but I know I'm reading into things.

You probably are; it has more to do with POB and Tanner Lee.

I thought Bush had moved to WR. But I'm pretty foggy on that. In which case he'd seen those signs awhile ago.

I have to wonder if one of the "signs" he's referring to is related to Keith Williams but I know I'm reading into things.

You probably are; it has more to do with POB and Tanner Lee.

I thought Bush had moved to WR. But I'm pretty foggy on that. In which case he'd seen those signs awhile ago.

Are you thinking about Darlington instead?

PS, someone should inform the twit on Twitter that the 2015 class was Riley's.

Bo had Kevin Dillman committed in the 2015 class. He ended up signing as a H-back at North Texas. I think we can probably guess how that would have turned out.

That kid didn't even play varsity ball. If i remember correctly he was sent down to JV and then moved to TE.

Hoping the best for him, but is it normal for guys to wait this close to the school year starting before announcing their intentions to transfer?

Yeah, I wonder that too. I enjoyed watching him in this last spring game. I hope he does well wherever he goes

PS, someone should inform the twit on Twitter that the 2015 class was Riley's.

Bo had Kevin Dillman committed in the 2015 class. He ended up signing as a H-back at North Texas. I think we can probably guess how that would have turned out.

Good lord.

• Mavric changed the title to AJ Bush Transfering - IWCC, then Virginia Tech, now Illinois