5 Stars 2016 vs past 5 years

From another board.. Going off the current 247 Composite rankings we have had the following 5 stars visit or plan to visit under Riley:

#4 Foster Sarell (Fresno game)
#10 Darnay Holmes (multiple times, Fresno game again)
#13 Joseph Lewis (multiple times, Oregon game)
#24 Tyjon Lindsey (multiple times, not sure if he's visiting again after committing to Ohio St.)
#29 Robert Beal (South Alabama game last year)

Tyler Shelvin is #34 and 2 spots away from being a 5 star on the 247 Composite. Said he will take official to NU, LSU, and Bama.
Thomas Graham is #48. Said he wants to take an official to NU with Keyshawn Jr.
Austin Jackson is another 5 star and #26 overall and this was his quote on 7/15/16 "I'm still working that out, but I will for sure take officials to Nebraska, ASU and USC.

If all of those players visit 7 of the top 34 players in the 2017 Class will have visited NU. 7 of the top 34

______________________________________________________________________________________

To quote a former coach " Its hard to recruit to Nebraska"

Quote from me "only if you are a lazy SOB" put in the work and they will come!

• Fire 1

From another board.. Going off the current 247 Composite rankings we have had the following 5 stars visit or plan to visit under Riley:

#4 Foster Sarell (Fresno game)

#10 Darnay Holmes (multiple times, Fresno game again)

#13 Joseph Lewis (multiple times, Oregon game)

#24 Tyjon Lindsey (multiple times, not sure if he's visiting again after committing to Ohio St.)

#29 Robert Beal (South Alabama game last year)

Tyler Shelvin is #34 and 2 spots away from being a 5 star on the 247 Composite. Said he will take official to NU, LSU, and Bama.

Thomas Graham is #48. Said he wants to take an official to NU with Keyshawn Jr.

Austin Jackson is another 5 star and #26 overall and this was his quote on 7/15/16 "I'm still working that out, but I will for sure take officials to Nebraska, ASU and USC.

If all of those players visit 7 of the top 34 players in the 2017 Class will have visited NU. 7 of the top 34

______________________________________________________________________________________

To quote a former coach " Its hard to recruit to Nebraska"

Quote from me "only if you are a lazy SOB" put in the work and they will come!

Well...now lets hope they can close. If they can't close it really doesn't matter.

It's definitely reason for optimism, but you can get every 5 star in the country to visit and have none of them commit.

Bo's staff didn't seem to ever try for or entertain the idea that the top 25-30 players in the country would be interested in us. Riley's staff isn't taking that approach, and it's good that they're going after the absolute best and being met at least initially with some legitimate interest, but it's more of a gamble.

• Fire 1

But it does matter in a small way, kids talking about NU and visiting are the first steps - you can't have the last step without the first..... However as mentioned before, the last step is the most important.

Coffee is for closer's so lets hope that Riley and staff have a lot of coffee and close the deal!

But it does matter in a small way, kids talking about NU and visiting are the first steps - you can't have the last step without the first..... However as mentioned before, the last step is the most important.

Coffee is for closer's so lets hope that Riley and staff have a lot of coffee and close the deal!

WTF

How about they continue to build strong relationships and get more than their fair share to join NU!!!

WTF

How about they continue to build strong relationships and get more than their fair share to join NU!!!

Glenn Gary Glenn Ross