Colin Kaepernick: dbag or not?

my only issue is that people of all races ,gender and beliefs have fought and died for that flag.

Some volunteered, some forced. I stand out of respect for all of their sacrifices. Despite this country's issues and past, we're still in a much better place than many other countries around the world thanks in large part to those sacrifices.

That being said... If he truely did it for the reason he's claiming I have no issue with it. It's not how I would choose to demonstrate my frustrations, but it's hurting no one. To each their own.

• Fire 1

People " stop being offended by everything you are making us a wussy nation"

Kao doesn't stand for the anthem, people, are really really fing offended.

Remember when some thought it was a food idea to change our national anthem to America the beautiful?

Kap took a stand, right or wrong he has the right to do that. Those in the military fought for that right. If he's forced to stand we are no better than North Korea.

I don't really understand why people make a big deal out of people or organizations engaging in legal activities that go against their own beliefs or values. If you have a problem with this type of activity don't watch the game. The NFL has taken a nose dive in recent years with endless PSAs and other objectionable activity to the point where I simply refuse to watch it any more. If you have a problem with something, vote with your feet, eyes, and dollars.

That being said, I think that there is much more to the story than Kap "truly" wanting to make a statement. I think he is trying to protect his own hide. He knows that he is on the verge of being cut, but if he makes this kind of "statement" and THEN gets cut, he and millions of others will cry foul and try to link the cutting back to this stunt. As much as I don't care for this kind of activity nor the message it spreads to impressionable parties...

59930157.jpg

Oh my god do you have any idea how to use a meme? Wonka is meant to be condescending, this text doesn't fit whatsoever.

• Fire 2

If Colin really wants to draw attention and show that he doesn't support this country, perhaps he should refuse to work for an employer that profits from American culture and capitalism. He said himself this is bigger than football. Perhaps he should actually do something other that be polarizing and hypocritical.

Or instead he should burn a flag during the national anthem. THAT'LL show 'em. THAT will get results.

I agree...this makes Lochte's dumb act look minor. Many men and women of all colors have died for this country. Why doesn't he protest by refusing to play football ever again and start up a volunteer organization to help out those in need?

If Colin really wants to draw attention and show that he doesn't support this country, perhaps he should refuse to work for an employer that profits from American culture and capitalism. He said himself this is bigger than football. Perhaps he should actually do something other that be polarizing and hypocritical.

Or instead he should burn a flag during the national anthem. THAT'LL show 'em. THAT will get results.

I agree...this makes Lochte's dumb act look minor.

No it doesn't. The dude didn't stand up for the anthem. You've got it backwards.

• Fire 4

I agree...this makes Lochte's dumb act look minor. Many men and women of all colors have died for this country. Why doesn't he protest by refusing to play football ever again and start up a volunteer organization to help out those in need?

Um..no.

I don't think you know what you are talking about.

I agree...this makes Lochte's dumb act look minor.

No it doesn't. The dude didn't stand up for the anthem. You've got it backwards.

Agreed. It was a dumb comparison/contrast.

Lochte's and Kaepernick's situations are not comparable in the least. One was surrounding a crime and falsifying a report - the other, last time I checked, was completely legal.

In regards to CK, I've never walked a day in his shoes, so I can't speak to his motivations. He felt they were reason enough to do what he did. He has that right, just as other people have the right to criticize him if they so wish.

The one thing I do find interesting here, as I mentioned in another thread, is that many of the people I see outraged by CK's choice (on my own personal Facebook/Twitter timelines) are the same people who claim the government is trying to squelch their religious freedoms and 1st Amendment rights. I don't want to go too deeply into a tangent here, but it seems like there is a lot of hypocrisy going on.

Lochte's and Kaepernick's situations are not comparable in the least. One was surrounding a crime and falsifying a report - the other, last time I checked, was completely legal.

In regards to CK, I've never walked a day in his shoes, so I can't speak to his motivations. He felt they were reason enough to do what he did. He has that right, just as other people have the right to criticize him if they so wish.

The one thing I do find interesting here, as I mentioned in another thread, is that many of the people I see outraged by CK's choice (on my own personal Facebook/Twitter timelines) are the same people who claim the government is trying to squelch their religious freedoms and 1st Amendment rights. I don't want to go too deeply into a tangent here, but it seems like there is a lot of hypocrisy going on.

Let's not pretend that only applies to one side of this issue here, it applies to both sides. I took offense to what he did, but I also chose to defend my country as a veteran of the armed forces and find the anthem to be sacred. He's made millions because of the country he chooses to lash out against because he lives here. He wouldn't have that opportunity playing football in any other country. Once his career is over I'd hope he moves out of this country since he finds it so disgusting to make a point further.

Why do we want someone who disagrees with our view point to leave the country? You can disagree with your country, demonstarte that disagreement, and still want to live in that country over any other. Just because why don't all the hard core Christians move to another country since they don't agree with gays marrying?

Why do we want someone who disagrees with our view point to leave the country? You can disagree with your country, demonstarte that disagreement, and still want to live in that country over any other. Just because why don't all the hard core Christians move to another country since they don't agree with gays marrying?

Do we see those hard core Christians not standing for the national anthem and then going on television and using their status as a soap box to talk about an issue, while bashing the country that made them filthy rich, that only points the finger instead of pointing the thumb as well? All the while ignoring how they cherry pick situations to try and get their point across because that's just not important? Just wondering.............but what I'm saying might not be convenient or advantageous to the "cause"

Everything but he first part, yes. They arguably don't have the same stage he does though.

He has a view point, sure it's a bit misguided, but I wouldn't say he's bashing the country. He's just not proud of it right now. As are millions of others.