Colin Kaepernick: dbag or not?

I haven't responded to this simply because I didn't know how I should respond.

First, he is free to act and do what ever he wants in this situation. If he thinks this furthers a cause that he feels strongly about...well....I guess I can't stop him.

But, here's my thing. It didn't do squat. What the hell has it done as far as helping minorities in the US? We already were talking about tensions between minorities and whites. It's been on the news constantly for years. The only thing I have seen come out of his actions are people debating if he's an ass or not for doing it. Gee....did that help anyone?

So....in other words, he insults people who sacrificed for that flag and the freedoms he enjoys only so that we can have a debate on if he's an ass or not.

I think he thought his heart was in the right place but it didn't come anywhere close to accomplishing what he wanted.

I completely agree with you on this. As I've said before, if he wants to use his celebrity to make the situation better, he will be actively working his a*s off every free minute he can to try to improve the lives of those he claims are being treated unfairly.

Can someone find me where he said what exactly his goal is in not standing for the national anthem? Doesn't seem to me he gave a specific thing he is trying to accomplish, other than refraining from standing.

Seems like you guys are attributing the 'cause' behind his actions without him really saying so. Nobody said it had to accomplish anything for anyone other than himself.

• Fire 1

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/look-colin-kaepernicks-practice-socks-appear-to-disrespect-the-police/

Pick up an app hero and show the world how it's done........don't care what point he's trying to make. He's simply being a jerk and hating on the cops, so he can take his opinion and shove it. He could certainly go about this a different way.

Yup. It's becoming more apparent that he just wants to rattle cages and spout misguided rhetoric and wants someone ELSE to facilitate productive actions. Douchebag confirmed.
  • Fire 1

I wear our labels and assumptions with pride at times and tend to feed into the "where's the donuts" stuff and "pigs" stuff because you can't take yourself too seriously in life. He's not doing this tongue-in-cheek, he's doing it to be derogatory in nature which isn't any better than the stuff he's supposedly speaking out against. He's being a hypocrite and it's making him look stupid and weakening his position which is fine by me. The fact that the NFL won't stop this, but won't allow the Dallas Cowboys to wear helmet stickers showing support to the police just shows me why I prefer college football over the NFL. Where's the line to freedom of speech? I think when you're wearing the uniform of your employer that's where your freedom of speech tends to get limited as you are now acting as an employee of your employer and making it appear you are speaking for them. You had a chance to use your status as a platform young man...........you failed miserably.

I wear our labels and assumptions with pride at times and tend to feed into the "where's the donuts" stuff and "pigs" stuff because you can't take yourself too seriously in life. He's not doing this tongue-in-cheek, he's doing it to be derogatory in nature which isn't any better than the stuff he's supposedly speaking out against. He's being a hypocrite and it's making him look stupid and weakening his position which is fine by me. The fact that the NFL won't stop this, but won't allow the Dallas Cowboys to wear helmet stickers showing support to the police just shows me why I prefer college football over the NFL. Where's the line to freedom of speech? I think when you're wearing the uniform of your employer that's where your freedom of speech tends to get limited as you are now acting as an employee of your employer and making it appear you are speaking for them. You had a chance to use your status as a platform young man...........you failed miserably.

Can't read about it now but did he wear the socks during a game? I really doubt they would let him. Or continue to let him after they notice.