Depth Chart for Fresno State

knapplc

Little shocked that Newby is listed ahead of Ozigbo and without the "Or".

Riley and Langsdorf will always go with the RB who is best in the pass game. Ozigbo may end up with more carries this year or may end up being the #1 guy later this season, but Riley and Langsdorf want that versatility at RB.

From what I saw last year from running and catching. Gimme Ozigbo

It's a formality. All the backs are going to play fairly evenly.

Riley and Langsdorf will always go with the RB who is best in the pass game. Ozigbo may end up with more carries this year or may end up being the #1 guy later this season, but Riley and Langsdorf want that versatility at RB.

It's a formality. All the backs are going to play fairly evenly.

Last year was a complete fail in how they tried to distribute carries. Newby was vanilla the whole season and got overtook by Cross. Ozigbo had a great game vs Illinois then gets 9 carries over the next 7 games. Newby only averaged 4 carries over the last 4 games last year. Ozigbo got the bulk in the bowl game win....makes sense.

I would also rather have Ozigbo, but we aren't Riley or Langsdorf. They have different thoughts on the RB position that most of us on this board.

We are going to be a run-based offense. Right? I mean you bring in a tight end and a fullback. And then you play tight to the LOS and use play action fakes to create time for the QB in the pass game. You don't need to have backs help on the rush as much in that circumstance. Unless Riley is full of it and plans to abandon the run and pass it all the time.

That's what we are all fearing. Let's face facts.

It could very well be that Newby ahead of Devine is a tip of the hat toward the pass over the run.

I would also rather have Ozigbo, but we aren't Riley or Langsdorf. They have different thoughts on the RB position that most of us on this board.
They're wrong.
  • Fire 3

Matt Synder 6th string? Is he injured again?

Three of the guys ahead of him are seniors who all have quality game experience. Nothing wrong with being behind them.

I think his injury last year hampered his body and strength development, which is key for a TE. Hopefully Snyder will be able to get in the weight room and be a contributor for 2017.