Penn State to Honor Joe Paterno

Frostberg

How in the Hell is anyone even remotely sticking up for Paterno?!? Do you have any respect for children, for the lives that were completely destroyed by the acts or inactivity of this man? "This sort of thing didn't happen back then"? Yes, it did; obviously. At best, he was just too big of a piece of diseased $#!t to care about those children. But to give Sandusky allowance to more children?!? To try to cover up that it even happened at all?! That's just as bad as the actual molestation.

Even for those at the top that actually did not take care of the issue It's not as bad as an actual molestation, not even close. That's like saying if you smoke a joint, the terrorists win. And what are you talking about? He reported it. How do you cover up something when you actually report it? And do I really have to explain what a in quotation "that didn't happen back then" means? That it is not literal and not in reference to when the actual crime took place.

It means that roughly prior to late 60's those things were not talked about, or were swept under the table, hence were treated as they did not exist. That was the culture and if you like you can blame all of America for bringing up it's young men and women in that environment. Seriously I shouldn't have to explain this as those are know social criticism's of the era's.

Now, one can disagree with me that that is not important, fine I believe it is, but damn at least understand the argument.

I believe it's not he's job to be the detective after reporting the issue and that he was a product of the old generation, after all there was nothing to gain for him by creating some masterful deception to protect a pedophile. Did he get money? Fame? No, he got a easily replaceable coach.

Now I get that there are differing points of view and thats fine and this thread can just go on in infinity with same exact things being repeated(unfortunately with just a few who can do so coherently without the hyperbole), he's satan, pitchfork, hate Penn state, think of all the children of the world, he's Satan pedo, pitchfork. It's not going to change my mind to keep repeating the same thing and I'm not going to change anyone's mind who believes otherwise. So maybe it's best to just cut and paste all our reply's over and over, save some time?

I still think you're going on 4-5 year old news.

I'm aware of the new allegations, it's a still wait and see. Press loves this, it sells papers and now It's even easier to have allegations when the defendant can no longer defend himself. Going to look what he's family and lawyers have to say about that. once they finish their investigation. then take that into account and weight it out. Though I dont see how it's going to change my opinion on him being a product of decades of our backward society regarding rape, child abuse, spousal abuse etc...

Like I said, to be conspiratorial you at least need a motive that gives great benefit. Keeping a replaceable coach is not one of them.

The reason it's just as bad is that he had the power to fire him and didn't. Whether he covered it up or not, he continued to give him the means to actually do the molestations. Even after he was retired he was doing camps at the university. To know about it and just let him keep on doing it, is just as bad. He could have taken that avenue away from him. But Paterno made it too easy for him. That's if he DIDN'T cover it up and simply reported it. He kept him on staff. Obviously he didn't give a damn for those kids.

Most valid point here. He didn't just cover it up. He allowed him to work with children even after he knew. I'm assuming Michiganball doesn't have children and may or may be to young to comprehend it. I did say assume so don't jump me.

• Fire 1

How in the Hell is anyone even remotely sticking up for Paterno?!? Do you have any respect for children, for the lives that were completely destroyed by the acts or inactivity of this man? "This sort of thing didn't happen back then"? Yes, it did; obviously. At best, he was just too big of a piece of diseased $#!t to care about those children. But to give Sandusky allowance to more children?!? To try to cover up that it even happened at all?! That's just as bad as the actual molestation.

Even for those at the top that actually did not take care of the issue It's not as bad as an actual molestation, not even close. That's like saying if you smoke a joint, the terrorists win. And what are you talking about? He reported it. How do you cover up something when you actually report it? And do I really have to explain what a in quotation "that didn't happen back then" means? That it is not literal and not in reference to when the actual crime took place.

It means that roughly prior to late 60's those things were not talked about, or were swept under the table, hence were treated as they did not exist. That was the culture and if you like you can blame all of America for bringing up it's young men and women in that environment. Seriously I shouldn't have to explain this as those are know social criticism's of the era's.

Now, one can disagree with me that that is not important, fine I believe it is, but damn at least understand the argument.

I believe it's not he's job to be the detective after reporting the issue and that he was a product of the old generation, after all there was nothing to gain for him by creating some masterful deception to protect a pedophile. Did he get money? Fame? No, he got a easily replaceable coach.

Now I get that there are differing points of view and thats fine and this thread can just go on in infinity with same exact things being repeated(unfortunately with just a few who can do so coherently without the hyperbole), he's satan, pitchfork, hate Penn state, think of all the children of the world, he's Satan pedo, pitchfork. It's not going to change my mind to keep repeating the same thing and I'm not going to change anyone's mind who believes otherwise. So maybe it's best to just cut and paste all our reply's over and over, save some time?

No one is asking him to be the detective. You telling me if you had an employee that was under your direct supervision and he did something like this you would report it once. Then a week / month / year later when that employee is hanging around with young boys/men just act like all is well.... You are losing more creditability every time you try to down play this type of act that affects these young people and everybody related to them for the remainder of their life.

• Fire 4
  • 3 weeks later...