Points Per Game 40 l 43

Total Yards 488 l 406

Passing 245 l 114

Rushing 243 l 292

Points Allowed Per Game 34 l 10

Yards Allowed 462 l 274

Passing 329 l 243

Rushing 133 l 31

Josh Allen will be the second dual-threat QB Nebraska faces Saturday. He completed 65% of his passes with 2TD / 0 INT, and rushed 10 times for 70 yards with a score in a triple OT thriller against Northern Illinois. Allen seems to has found his duo WRs in Maulhardt and Gentry who each had over 100 yards receiving on the day. Don't be too fooled though, as Bohl is back to his old ground and pound scheme as RB Brian Hill had 33 carries and 2 TDs.

Defensively Wyoming struggled to contain the passing attack last week, but shut down the run game for the most part. Overall, the defense looks improved from Bohl's first two seasons and had some key stops when needed. In 2013 the Cowboys overcame a 16 point deficit at Nebraska and piled up 602 yards in a close 3 point loss. Look for Nebraska to get a few more guys involved in the passing game this week, but we will still see a heavy dose in the run game. I see Bohl trying to chew some clock and will mix some runs in with the QB as well.

Prediction: Nebraska 41 Wyoming 16

• Fire 1

I watched the last half of that Wyoming/NIU tilt, and it was a fun one, to say the least, but scary too, since both teams looked pretty good.

I dare say, if we come out flat in the first half like we did against Fresno...he has the horses to pull off the upset this time.

I watched the last half of that Wyoming/NIU tilt, and it was a fun one, to say the least, but scary too, since both teams looked pretty good.

I dare say, if we come out flat in the first half like we did against Fresno...he has the horses to pull off the upset this time.

I dunno how good Wyoming is. But Northern Illinois can be pretty good sometimes. Last year they lost to tOSU 13-20. In Columbus. So there's that. And you can bet that Wyoming has the NU game in red letters on their schedulegiven that Bohl is their coach and all.

Wyoming won a total of 2 games last year.

The past is NOT prologue when it comes to this team. This year's Wyoming team is head and shoulders above of last year's team. Last year's team had 17 true freshmen starters and now they come into this year with a lot more experience and confidence. The quarterback, Josh Allen, got hurt 13 plays into his first game last year. Last year was a painful learning experience for all concerned. Any Wyoming fan will tell you this is a much improved team.

Wyoming played toe-to-toe with NIU and actually had the Huskies beat 27-20 with a 1:43 left in the game. A blown coverage let the Dogs tie it and put the game into overtime. Much to the Cowboys credit they fought back and eventually Allen was able to scramble away from pressure to dive into the end zone for the win.

So, what does that mean for this game? Who knows? I think Wyoming is better than Fresno. Josh Allen has a much better arm than Brett Smith and is just as mobile for a 6-5, 225 pound quarterback. Wyoming has a pair of great senior receivers in Tanner Gentry (6-2, 210) and Jake Maulhardt (6-6, 230). Senior tight end Jacob Hollister (6-4, 239) reminds me a lot of former Wyoming great (and Nebraska native) Jay Novacek. And there's junior running back Brian Hill (6-1, 219) who is destined to be the greatest running back in Wyoming history. He averages nearly a 100 yards per game and is just over 400 yards from holding the all-time career record.

Bottom line, I think the Cowboys will beat the 24 point spread and give the Huskers a game. Given some breaks, I think they could even win it. As they say...we shall see.

Wyoming won a total of 2 games last year.

The past is NOT prologue when it comes to this team. This year's Wyoming team is head and shoulders above of last year's team. Last year's team had 17 true freshmen starters and now they come into this year with a lot more experience and confidence. The quarterback, Josh Allen, got hurt 13 plays into his first game last year. Last year was a painful learning experience for all concerned. Any Wyoming fan will tell you this is a much improved team.

Wyoming played toe-to-toe with NIU and actually had the Huskies beat 27-20 with a 1:43 left in the game. A blown coverage let the Dogs tie it and put the game into overtime. Much to the Cowboys credit they fought back and eventually Allen was able to scramble away from pressure to dive into the end zone for the win.

So, what does that mean for this game? Who knows? I think Wyoming is better than Fresno. Josh Allen has a much better arm than Brett Smith and is just as mobile for a 6-5, 225 pound quarterback. Wyoming has a pair of great senior receivers in Tanner Gentry (6-2, 210) and Jake Maulhardt (6-6, 230). Senior tight end Jacob Hollister (6-4, 239) reminds me a lot of former Wyoming great (and Nebraska native) Jay Novacek. And there's junior running back Brian Hill (6-1, 219) who is destined to be the greatest running back in Wyoming history. He averages nearly a 100 yards per game and is just over 400 yards from holding the all-time career record.

Bottom line, I think the Cowboys will beat the 24 point spread and give the Huskers a game. Given some breaks, I think they could even win it. As they say...we shall see.

Won't totally shock me if they beat NU...

That scramble the QB had in OT to win it was about as lucky as one can get but it was still really cool.

Riley does seem to have a very long track record of losing games that it doesn't seem like he should.