What did we learn-Wyoming edition

JJ Husker

from the Wyoming board "Pass defense is still terrible if we are being honest with ourselves. Tommie Armstrong is a garbage quarterback and looks like Aaron Rodgers."[/size]

Wyoming fans should probably know that they decided to sell out vs the run leaving wide open WRs. They had to pick a poison and that's the poison I would have picked too.

I think Bohl is starting to get them going in the right direction fwiw.

It worked for 3 quarters, and Wyoming could have had the lead if they didn't have so many errors

We could've had more points also if we didn't have so many errors. We had points taken off the board because of errors. Twice.

I learned that these coaches do not care about tradition or streaks. Just intentionally letting a time honored streak end today without even a second thought about it. Infuriates me that level of disrespect to our former players that buitd the streak and for these "coaches" to just flush it away makes me mad and disappointed.

#Imisstargetingejections #Keepstreaksalive

I learned that these coaches do not care about tradition or streaks. Just intentionally letting a time honored streak end today without even a second thought about it. Infuriates me that level of disrespect to our former players that buitd the streak and for these "coaches" to just flush it away makes me mad and disappointed.

Riley also showed no respect for our negative turnover margin tradition. Cmon Riley, get your head out of your ass and tell Tommy to throw some picks.
  • Fire 1

Riley also showed no respect for our negative turnover margin tradition. Cmon Riley, get your head out of your ass and tell Tommy to throw some picks.
Exactly! We need more turnovers!

The best thing about todays game was the post-game press conference where Coach Riley spelled out exactly what went right and wrong. I'm glad our running game came up against a wall today and not next Saturday at 2:30........now they have time to look it over and figure out where to find or make a soft spot when it happens over and over again in closer games against tougher opponents. Bohl new his only shot against a much deeper and more talented team was to go all out against the run and hope they got lucky. If they had gotten us in a funk and playing scared, there's no telling how it would've gone. If we want to beat the best teams, we HAVE to run....Tommie can't pass THAT good and we have to even it out.

​I'd like to see Ozigbo on the field with Newby.......maybe not as fullback, but just another option.

The best thing about todays game was the post-game press conference where Coach Riley spelled out exactly what went right and wrong. I'm glad our running game came up against a wall today and not next Saturday at 2:30........now they have time to look it over and figure out where to find or make a soft spot when it happens over and over again in closer games against tougher opponents. Bohl new his only shot against a much deeper and more talented team was to go all out against the run and hope they got lucky. If they had gotten us in a funk and playing scared, there's no telling how it would've gone. If we want to beat the best teams, we HAVE to run....Tommie can't pass THAT good and we have to even it out.

​I'd like to see Ozigbo on the field with Newby.......maybe not as fullback, but just another option.

Lesser talented teams have to hope to play smart and let the other teams make mistakes. That's how Northwestern won 10 games last year. That's how Illinois and Purdue beat Nebraska last year. It was working for Wyoming for 3 quarters, even with 2 missed FG's. Then the 4th quarter all went to crap for the Cowboys.

We need to stop paying our Special Teams Coordinator. Right now.

Nine guys on the field on an extra point attempt.

I think so too. I was reluctant to jump on the bandwagon for this and don't think I complained last year but this is year 2. The team would not be any worse with no special teams coach or with a GA as special teams coach. At the very least drop him down to $100k a year if he's recruiting players and don't call him a coach anymore. I dunno.

Pet peeve...please fix the consistently poor timing of the fake sweep plays. The snap and spacing is never right. Sweep man is awful on the decoy. A lot of teams have this play and tend to hand it more to the sweep man than we do. Watch how other teams execute... there is that moment you do not know who has the ball. You can ALWAYS tell where the ball is when we run this which makes our version ineffective. We have the personnel to run this play well...I am not sure why we have not perfected it. Wisconsin was famous for killing us on this play. I will not be surprised if Oregon exploits us too. I am worried about Oregon off the edges in their offense. Our defense has stuffed the middle but we don't get pressure up off the edges which will allow Oregon to exploit this.

The Wyoming QB made some bad throws. Credit us catching the picks. I am still not comfortable with the shaky coverage in the secondary. The 4th down play for Wyoming TD before the half should not have happened.

We have got good receivers. Expect Morgan and DPE to get more involved.

I think we'll see some tough sledding with the run game against Oregon. Our OL has not shown me they can dominate opponents. Armstrong under duress more than I'd like.

I thought Reilly caught that one ball. I paused/slowed it down...never saw it hit the ground?

If I am Riley I turn the page on these first two games. We got out of them with wins but despite the lopsided scores there was a lot to improve in all facets of the game. This next game is HUGE. Oregon is going to throw some haymakers and we need to respond with big plays on both sides of the ball. A win here can really make a statement to move forward. Based on what I have seen, I do not expect us to win. I would like to be proven wrong.

• Fire 1

The offense has no real identity. I swear they are throwing darts at a board for the play call. Once TA goes, I think NU will have a passing identity.

The D line is not getting a push and good passing teams will torch them. The Wyoming QB was hurt which explains the turnovers.

Banderas is too slow. Put him at END next week.

Recruiting better bring in some quicker DEs.