What did we learn-Wyoming edition

JJ Husker

Defense needs to step it up in a big way if we want to stick with the ducks. I don't think they'll put 8 in the box all game like wyoming, and we have to establish the run.

I don't think establishing the run will be a problem. Oregons defense is less than spectacular to put it lightly. We need to use this to our advantage and keep the ducks offense off the field by pounding them on the ground keep the clock running

Defense needs to step it up in a big way if we want to stick with the ducks. I don't think they'll put 8 in the box all game like wyoming, and we have to establish the run.

I don't think establishing the run will be a problem. Oregons defense is less than spectacular to put it lightly. We need to use this to our advantage and keep the ducks offense off the field by pounding them on the ground keep the clock running
Even now Virginia is really hurting Oregon on the ground. We can move the ball and score on these guys for sure. I think the game will hinge on a) turnover battle and b) containing Royce Freeman and Oregons rushing attack

My opinion; While we still see some of the same issues that plagued us last year, (to a lesser extent), I am not sure the Husker team last year would have pulled these last two games out or at least won both so, I see improvement and have hope that we can hit on all cylinders next week.

Cethan needs to be utilized next week.

I am watching Oregon right now and they are not looking like world beaters but they play fast and have a bunch of gimick sets.

• Fire 1

My opinion; While we still see some of the same issues that plagued us last year, (to a lesser extent), I am not sure the Husker team last year would have pulled these last two games out or at least won both so, I see improvement and have hope that we can hit on all cylinders next week.

Cethan needs to be utilized next week.

I am watching Oregon right now and they are not looking like world beaters but they play fast and have a bunch of gimick sets.

we need to run more of those tight end reverses! Thanks for the idea wyo

I get pretty damned sick of seeing people bag on Ben, Jake & Sam Cotton. They've been good Huskers.

I'd like to see suspensions for that kind of crap.

I'm not sure why Barney became the scapegoat of the late 2000s like he did. He was a good coach and a damn good mentor. He filled in admirably against USC as well. I wish him nothing but the best at UNLV. And his sons were/all serviceable to good players for us. I'm happy to have had their service here.

I won't yank anyone's chains. I get upset with plenty of players and get in the bad habit of persistently targeting specific players who show poor character and/or play very bad. But, yeah, I don't know what have the Cottons have ever done to garner the targeting from fans they've received.

I get pretty damned sick of seeing people bag on Ben, Jake & Sam Cotton. They've been good Huskers.

I'd like to see suspensions for that kind of crap.

Alright listen here buddy, I can bash the Cotton's all I want for the same reason Kapernick gets to kneel.

That said, I feel the same for Kapernick as I do for the people who bash the Cotton's. f'ing idiots.

Last chance for Mike Riley to fix the needless and not so smart penalties before they cost us dearly. This isn't rocket science, it's a force of wills thing. Unfortunately, yanking an offender in the Wyoming game to teach him the lesson he needs to learn before going into the Oregon game is no longer an option. I guess we'll see what transpires...

I was sure Ozigbo looked injured there for a moment. I thought the Newby / Ozigbo debate was going to be settled with an X-ray / MRI.

Riley got the backups into the game again, good for everybody! This is trading for valuable experience with the backups by giving up the opportunity to get your first string hurt for no good reason. What's not to like about that?

The ranks of the unbeaten are thinned yet again this week, Nebraska still marching. Assign whatever value you want to that fact.

Part of the issue with Barney was the 'real big red' comment when he was coaching at ISU and they beat us in 04

Yes, he said it. Who really cares? Wouldn't you be a little fired up if the team you coach for just beat the crap out of the team you coached for just the past year? He was coaching at ISU and done with NU at the time. There are a lot of coaches who end up coaching against their alma mater. I am sure it's a good feeling to beat them. I am sure Bohl was extra fired up to face NU this weekend, and he was fired nearly 15 years ago.