No Sit Saturday?

Mavric

I dont like people to stand because my kids cannot see the game. There is the danger if they stand on the standing person's seat that they lop off and get hurt. (One guy, who decided to stand up during defense, objected to him standing on his seat because my kids shoes got his seat wet last...well sit on your seat you knucklehead and you wont have the problem...My boys have the right to see the plays and not your hairy...) Plus children's legs get tired before most adults do (unless their elderly).

Sometimes we have to think of others and their needs first. I know it is difficult for some.

Having kids, I understand your dilemma. One solution would be for your kids to stand on YOUR seat behind you.

• Fire 1

I have a 650 WHP roadster, It is plenty exciting setting down, it has seats. I have never tried standing up in it though.

I am young and dumb and full of, oh well someday down the road, some on here will realize it is not only about them and how they enjoy a game. May take 30-40 years. But doubtful. Most on here talk about how they enjoy watching the game from home anyway. Better food, better beer, better view, big screen. You guys will not make being a blue hair at Nebraska, you don't have the right stuff.

• Fire 1

This works if the people behind you don't get overly excited in the moment and knock them off the seat that they are standing on. Been there done that.. My preference is to have them stand on the standing person's seat and I can hold the back of their shirts so they don't fall. My kids are more excited when NU does well. They want to high five and jump in excitement too. Hard to manage that when they are standing behind me. Just need them to keep growing taller!

I dont like people to stand because my kids cannot see the game. There is the danger if they stand on the standing person's seat that they lop off and get hurt. (One guy, who decided to stand up during defense, objected to him standing on his seat because my kids shoes got his seat wet last...well sit on your seat you knucklehead and you wont have the problem...My boys have the right to see the plays and not your hairy...) Plus children's legs get tired before most adults do (unless their elderly).

Sometimes we have to think of others and their needs first. I know it is difficult for some.

Having kids, I understand your dilemma. One solution would be for your kids to stand on YOUR seat behind you

I never really understand this. Is there a difference between the amount of noise a fan can make sitting vs. standing?

I'm tall and healthy so there are no adverse effects to me. But there are many long time ticket holders who have trouble standing who have contributed far more to the program (money, support, etc) than any 20 something who is standing on his/her seat.

Is it fair to say that those people advocating to never sit can't answer the bolded question?

Think about 5-10 moments in your life where you were more excited and energized than you've ever been.

How many of them were you sitting down for?

Wellllll, for many of the moment you described I was in some variance of a reclined position to be honest. :-)

• Fire 2

The University could get behind this and make it happen. Spend some money like other schools do and hand out shirts/towels that say "No sit Saturday" so everyone in the crowd knows what they're into. And the police and ushers dont bother with complaints of people standing.

• Fire 2

Last year some guy is standing and yelling at us in our section to "stand up and make some noise!" I said "Hey nube, we're on offense. Wait til the other team gets the ball, and we're right there with you." I got an ovation from the section.

So are we standing while the Huskers on offense, but just quietly, so our guys can hear the snap count and audibles?

• Fire 1