350th Sellout

Mavric

Last week, I attended the game and hadn't been able to for couple years as living out of state. The announced 'attendance' was about 89 thousand and some odd. I don't know how they total this up but it could not be accurate. The stadium may hold max capacity seating of about 93,000 or so. There were many, many many empty seats all over the place. I would estimate about 10,000 or so. The TV cameras won't show this as people nicely spaced themselves out but I have been to nearly all the home games from 1972 to 2014. This was about as empty as I remember it ever being even on a lousy weather day. We had one when we played OU and Calvin Jones ran wild in the 'ice bowl' (the entire place was one big ice castle and everyone, including the players, should have been wearing skates. But that was understandable. It was an absolutely gorgeous out and attendance was terrible in my view. Tickets sold for around $15 or so outside.

• Fire 1

Last week, I attended the game and hadn't been able to for couple years as living out of state. The announced 'attendance' was about 89 thousand and some odd. I don't know how they total this up but it could not be accurate. The stadium may hold max capacity seating of about 93,000 or so. There were many, many many empty seats all over the place. I would estimate about 10,000 or so. The TV cameras won't show this as people nicely spaced themselves out but I have been to nearly all the home games from 1972 to 2014. This was about as empty as I remember it ever being even on a lousy weather day. We had one when we played OU and Calvin Jones ran wild in the 'ice bowl' (the entire place was one big ice castle and everyone, including the players, should have been wearing skates. But that was understandable. It was an absolutely gorgeous out and attendance was terrible in my view. Tickets sold for around $15 or so outside.

A google shows seating capacity at 87,000

Attendance showed at the game includes everyone. media, players, staff, ushers, vendors, etc.

Last weeks attendance was just short of 90,000. The prior week was just over 90,000. Fun fact: Husker attendance exceeded 90K for the first time in 2013. The average attendance last year was just under 90K, with the largest attendance being Iowa game of 90,830.

The stadium was far from empty and the attendance was extremely typical. I think you might be losing it in your old age.

• Fire 3

Last weeks attendance was just short of 90,000. The prior week was just over 90,000. Fun fact: Husker attendance exceeded 90K for the first time in 2013. The average attendance last year was just under 90K, with the largest attendance being Iowa game of 90,830.

The stadium was far from empty and the attendance was extremely typical. I think you might be losing it in your old age.

nah, he already lost it.

The lowered the capacity last year by 1,100 last year

http://www.ketv.com/news/unl-shrinks-memorial-stadiums-capacity-for-better-fan-experience/35182968

And the official attendance count is everyone in the stadium IIRC. Players, ushers, tv crew, concessions, media.

I'm really sad that we lowered capacity. Our top 10 games by attendance are going to be lame for awhile. Illinois, Rutgers, Perdon't... at least Miami is in there on top.

• Fire 1

I am glad to see some of you HB posters who joined HB years back come in and spread some cheer. I don't know you but I am pleased to see the return of you all!

+1 to Caveman, Husker66, HuskerMav, Drummer7, Mel4red, Cornhusker4ever, for coming back and posting.