Advice for Visiting Duck Fan?

Hey Huskers -

Getting ready for what's going to be a GREAT weekend in Lincoln, and would love some local advice. I'll bring you all some of Oregon's finest micro-brews and macro-weed - as long as you share some of your BBQ with us! Here's a few questions for your trolling pleasures...

• Night before Festivities - rolling into town around 11pm. Drop our stuff and head to which bar? Where are the drinks the strongest, the girls the prettiest and the music the loudest on a night before gameday? Bars close at 2am? Any after hours joints (pun intended)? Best place to get a late night second dinner?
  • Morning of Golf - we've got two, duplicate tee times scheduled, Pioneer and Highland. Which of these to have a threesome do nine holes at 8am? Any pairs out there that want to play with us?
  • Tailgate - we're on foot from our hotel to the stadium after the AM golf. I hear that under the overpass is where the true locals roam. What's a 'can't miss' tailgate experience? Did Nebraska invent the corn hole game? Want to invite us to come to your tailgate and talk about the speed in our secondary and how Mike Reilly has been and always will be, Oregon's #1 ladyfriend. We'd love to talk with you! DM me and we'll stumble your way.
  • Champions Club - spent some money on these seats, and I understand they're behind glass. Do you know if these seats get us into anything special in the tailgate? Is there free booze to compensate for spending our children's junior college tuition to attend a football game? If we want to yell, and blaze green - are we going to get ostracized, or is there a more engaged crowd other than the corporate alumns?
  • Post-Game - where do you head for dinner on your way back to KC? We're thinking of catching some of the Sprint Nationals at the US 36 raceway that evening. Got any advice for gettin' real country and sleeping in the mud? Them Missous love them some racin'.

Thanks for your reply, looking forward to being that tiny speck of green in the sea of red.

Puddles the Duck. :corndance

• Fire 5

I know that smoking tree is legal and pretty highly used in Oregon, but Nebraska is a totally different place. Nebraska is one of the most conservative states in the country, especially when it comes to pot. You might want to keep your blazing of green to yourself and not out in the open. It would probably not be a good idea to do it at the game, and especially the Champions Club.

• Fire 1

My buddy and I were looking for a tee time around the same time. Would be fun to meet up with some Oregon folk, although we aren't into any threesome stuff. You know... no homo.

Others will offer better input, I'm sure, but as far as Friday night, the Railyard or O Street are the only two good options, but are both great options. O Street is all college bars over a 4-5 block stretch, and the Railyard/Haymarket area is a slightly but not much older crowd. The Railyard is a big open area across from the basketball arena where you can drink outside, a big LED wall and usually some live music.

Also get some Raising Canes if you've never experienced it.

• Fire 1

I'll get you some Michigan Brews and then we can talk about who's are truly the best.

The Railyard is probably your best bet for Friday nightlife. Quite a few bars in the yard, and you can carry your beer around outside in the yard in a plastic cup. There's also more bars in the haymarket that are good. Haymarket surrounds the railyards. O street will be packed and cheaper, but you pay for what you get... either will be a good time. Try both, it's a 10 to 15 minute walk between!

For after hours food hit up C Berrys for good drunk food (I think that's what it still is), or get a Z-plate with the shaky shaky at Ali Babas (you will not regret it!), De leons for a gut buster of a burrito (but I don't think there is one close to downtown any more. It's a short uber and worth it), Raisin Caines for the best damn chicken fingers you can find, or a foodcart if you can find one.

I would probably take Pioneers over Highlands for golf, but they're both the best courses in town. Highlands is right beside the airport, but it's not a large/busy airport. Pioneers will be pretty busy, but a time that early should be ok.

You'll have no trouble finding a tailgate to attend, they are all over downtown and we will be more than hospitable. Just wear your green, er yellow, er balck, er white, er highlighter yellow, er silver, or whatever the hell color it is this week and you'll find your invitation to the town.

Not sure about your seat, club seats are fine though high up with with indoor concessions/bathrooms and less lines because of the exclusivity (champions club is a tailgate kinda spot outside the stadium...). I would not bust out any of the stinky green green in the open. Cops will be everywhere and it's not a 420 friendly state. Also it's a dry campus, but if you're not a dummy and keep it low key in a koozie or solo cup you should have no issue.

Definitely hit up the dirt track if that's your thing! I love the small town race tracks and they're a blast for a gearhead! Sport some duck gear too, win or lose it could be fun for you there.

My buddy and I were looking for a tee time around the same time. Would be fun to meet up with some Oregon folk, although we aren't into any threesome stuff. You know... no homo.

Others will offer better input, I'm sure, but as far as Friday night, the Railyard or O Street are the only two good options, but are both great options. O Street is all college bars over a 4-5 block stretch, and the Railyard/Haymarket area is a slightly but not much older crowd. The Railyard is a big open area across from the basketball arena where you can drink outside, a big LED wall and usually some live music.

Nothing against Raising Canes, as it's pretty good stuff. But there has to be better food out there other than a chain chicken place. That's like saying "you gotta try the Chick Fil-A".
  • Fire 2

I'll get you some Michigan Brews and then we can talk about who's are truly the best.

The Railyard is probably your best bet for Friday nightlife. Quite a few bars in the yard, and you can carry your beer around outside in the yard in a plastic cup. There's also more bars in the haymarket that are good. Haymarket surrounds the railyards. O street will be packed and cheaper, but you pay for what you get... either will be a good time. Try both, it's a 10 to 15 minute walk between!

For after hours food hit up C Berrys for good drunk food (I think that's what it still is), or get a Z-plate with the shaky shaky at Ali Babas (you will not regret it!), De leons for a gut buster of a burrito (but I don't think there is one close to downtown any more. It's a short uber and worth it), Raisin Caines for the best damn chicken fingers you can find, or a foodcart if you can find one.

I would probably take Pioneers over Highlands for golf, but they're both the best courses in town. Highlands is right beside the airport, but it's not a large/busy airport. Pioneers will be pretty busy, but a time that early should be ok.

You'll have no trouble finding a tailgate to attend, they are all over downtown and we will be more than hospitable. Just wear your green, er yellow, er balck, er white, er highlighter yellow, er silver, or whatever the hell color it is this week and you'll find your invitation to the town.

Not sure about your seat, club seats are fine though high up with with indoor concessions/bathrooms and less lines because of the exclusivity (champions club is a tailgate kinda spot outside the stadium...). I would not bust out any of the stinky green green in the open. Cops will be everywhere and it's not a 420 friendly state. Also it's a dry campus, but if you're not a dummy and keep it low key in a koozie or solo cup you should have no issue.

Definitely hit up the dirt track if that's your thing! I love the small town race tracks and they're a blast for a gearhead! Sport some duck gear too, win or lose it could be fun for you there.

Second the Z-plate. Might have to get one of those myself this weekend.

• Fire 1

Nothing against Raising Canes, as it's pretty good stuff. But there has to be better food out there other than a chain chicken place. That's like saying "you gotta try the Chick Fil-A".
Agreed. But I can't think of what's worth while and open after closing time other than what I listed.

Agreed. But I can't think of what's worth while and open after closing time other than what I listed.
Ahh, I didn't realize it was open late night. We would always hit Amigos or Lazari's for late night food.