Advice for Visiting Duck Fan?

So what you're telling me is to smoke a bunch of weed and go to McDonalds???

BTW - What's the deal with the "under the overpass" tailgating? Tightwads or just hardcore?

I haven't been around there in a couple years, but it's a bar under the overpass. It seems pretty cool. There's also quite a few tailgates around there. It's the closest you can get to the stadium and not be on campus.

I know that smoking tree is legal and pretty highly used in Oregon, but Nebraska is a totally different place. Nebraska is one of the most conservative states in the country, especially when it comes to pot. You might want to keep your blazing of green to yourself and not out in the open. It would probably not be a good idea to do it at the game, and especially the Champions Club.

Unless you are downtown I always see people smoking pot down there on game weekends.

I know that smoking tree is legal and pretty highly used in Oregon, but Nebraska is a totally different place. Nebraska is one of the most conservative states in the country, especially when it comes to pot. You might want to keep your blazing of green to yourself and not out in the open. It would probably not be a good idea to do it at the game, and especially the Champions Club.

Unless you are downtown I always see people smoking pot down there on game weekends.
Yeah it's probably a little more relaxed than I remember, but it's nothing like Eugene or Boulder where it's all pot, all the time.

BTW - What's the deal with the "under the overpass" tailgating? Tightwads or just hardcore?

If you like thick, corn fed girls, come to my buddies house when you get to town.

Thick like how Ron Weasley says it or thick in the thighs thick? I need to know for a friend.

All I heard was thick and something about they may or may not sling a little tobacco.

Before the game I always like going to the The Dock behind the Embassey. good beer and a live band that is usuallly good. But I am an old guy. Lincoln is a bar town with some good tailgaiting. Just walk through a tailgait area and someone will invite you into their party for a beer and rocky mountain oysters.

I was at the UC Davis game I found the environment around Autzen to be a little sterile. I did like the indoor practice facilites were I could get a beer through.

Yeah it's probably a little more relaxed than I remember, but it's nothing like Eugene or Boulder where it's all pot, all the time.

true!

@ZRod - great advice. I appreciate the time spent

@unlfan - thanks for the tips. I'll print 'em out and stumble with 'em.

@MattyIce - Lick balls, Matthew. Lick balls.

@NUinID - rocky mountain oysters? reference to something I'm not catching...? Autzen is indeed isolated.

Could anyone post a picture or two of their escapades at the Railyard or O Street? Would love to get a sense of what to expect, crowd-wise. :/

Brutal thread, BTW :

http://www.huskerboard.com/index.php?/topic/80272-official-oregon-look-alike-thread/

• Fire 3

@ZRod - great advice. I appreciate the time spent

@unlfan - thanks for the tips. I'll print 'em out and stumble with 'em.

@MattyIce - Lick balls, Matthew. Lick balls.

@NUinID - rocky mountain oysters? reference to something I'm not catching...? Autzen is indeed isolated.

Could anyone post a picture or two of their escapades at the Railyard or O Street? Would love to get a sense of what to expect, crowd-wise. :/

Brutal thread, BTW :

http://www.huskerboard.com/index.php?/topic/80272-official-oregon-look-alike-thread/

Nothing more than breaded deep fat fried bull testicles.

Don't get caught up in the "under the overpass" terminology. What they are referencing is Lot 7 of University Parking for the football games. It's west of the Stadium, and some of the parking lot is under a large overpass. There isn't a lot of natural space around the Stadium with campus area on 3 sides. What little parking there is near the stadium, most of it is on the west side.

I have tailgated in Lot 7 countless times with my family and friends. It's a great time with tons of fans, booze, food, and all around good times. With a 2:30 game, most people will start showing up at the lot by 10:00, and the place will be a huge party from 11:00-2:00.

• Fire 1

Ya, I wouldn't bring weed into the state. You won't like it if you get caught.

back in the day anything under an ounce was a $100 fine and they smoke your weed later.not sure if it's still the same.

Not sure what the penalties were then or now, never participated, but ive heard since the whole colorado thing if you are caught holding just a bit too much they like to hit you with trafficking with intent to sell.