Advice for Visiting Duck Fan?

Go to Cliff's and try a kamikaze. Sharkwater is their most popular flavor. They limit you to two per person since they're so strong.

I like Cliff's because it's not nearly as packed as the other places. They usually have good music playing and multiple tvs with college football on.

They have a tiny, enclosed outdoor patio area with tables and couches for smoking. I don't believe they offer any food, but there are plenty of late night options downtown for food.

I recommend Honest Abe's if you wanted a quality, local burger place. 14th and P (11a-10p on Fri-Sat). Get yourself some freedom fries, Puddles.

Nothing wrong with starting your day by stopping at Cliffy's for a stiffy (drink that is).

Golfing

- Personally, I'm partial to Wilderness ridge but Pioneers is also a fun spot.

Bar/Nightlife

- O St is the college crowd. It can be fun if that's the vibe you're looking for. If not, Railyard/Haymarket would be a much better choice. My favorite bars in the Railyard/Haymarket area are Tavern on the Square, Barry's (Their rooftop is pretty cool), McKinney's and Gate 25. Rule G is supposed to be a "club." It can be fun if you're in the mood for it. Duffy's is on O St. It's a fun spot. Get a Fish Bowl. You'll likely hear someone make a reference to when Nirvana played there. Brass Rail is also on O St. It's a Lincoln main stay. It's trashy fun.

Food

-Misty's and Lazlo's are my favorite spots. Good food. Fun atmosphere.

Tailgating

-Underpass is fun. Pinnacle Bank Arena parking lot isn't bad. Good place to wander around make friends. Be sure to buy some beads from lil kids raising money for their baseball or volleyball team.

• Fire 1

This is one of the best threads I have seen on the topic.

Usually there are a lot of:

1. Visit the SAC Museum

2. Check out Morrill Hall

3. See if you can get a tour of the stadium

4. Check out the ice cream maker on East Campus

5. See some corn

6. Check out a cow

Well, over the past decade the town has made an effort to be more attractive to a younger demographic. Might be paying off...

An overpass is where cars go over and trains go under. And in Nebraska, it's also where people park and party before games.

Nebraska is not known for its BBQ. We take our meat straight. Might be a few national BBQ chains like Dickey's. Or maybe Cane's has a bbq dipping sauce.

I would suggest you try Phat Jacks if you think there isn't good BBQ in Lincoln.

Nebraska beef does not need to hidden in a sauce. Texas beef does

An overpass is where cars go over and trains go under. And in Nebraska, it's also where people park and party before games.

Nebraska is not known for its BBQ. We take our meat straight. Might be a few national BBQ chains like Dickey's. Or maybe Cane's has a bbq dipping sauce.

I would suggest you try Phat Jacks if you think there isn't good BBQ in Lincoln.

Nebraska beef does not need to hidden in a sauce. Texas beef does
There is plenty of good BBQ that doesn't need to be hidden in sauce.

@teachercd - wow, thank you for the intelligent recommendations. I think we're going to walkthru campus at 2am, but I look forward to not remembering all the places you mentioned. See some corn? Eat some cow?

@fru - thanks for the tips, I think you tipped the scale for Pioneers. It's close by, anyhow.

@Hoosker - whooooooooooooo!

@Blackshirts007 - Thanks for the pics - if I follow your instructions exactly, will I end up ass up in a bush? What kind of bush?

DM me if you wanna hang with a few wrinkly sacks. I'll buy you a beer.

nc

@teachercd - wow, thank you for the intelligent recommendations. I think we're going to walkthru campus at 2am, but I look forward to not remembering all the places you mentioned. See some corn? Eat some cow?

@fru - thanks for the tips, I think you tipped the scale for Pioneers. It's close by, anyhow.

@Blackshirts007 - Thanks for the pics - if I follow your instructions exactly, will I end up ass up in a bush? What kind of bush?

nc

Perhaps the one of the sisters at the Omega Mu house. Good luck!

• Fire 1

nc

Perhaps the one of the sisters at the Omega Mu house. Good luck!

The kind Oregon State are famous for.

@ZRod - great advice. I appreciate the time spent

@unlfan - thanks for the tips. I'll print 'em out and stumble with 'em.

@MattyIce - Lick balls, Matthew. Lick balls.

@NUinID - rocky mountain oysters? reference to something I'm not catching...? Autzen is indeed isolated.

Could anyone post a picture or two of their escapades at the Railyard or O Street? Would love to get a sense of what to expect, crowd-wise. :/

Brutal thread, BTW :

http://www.huskerboard.com/index.php?/topic/80272-official-oregon-look-alike-thread/

So. Newbie comes on board and gets to say that without punishment... and I tell someone to crawl under a rock and get a week suspension... Makes sense!