Memorial Stadium By The Numbers

Mavric

Memorial Stadium capacity: 89,959

People who tailgate outside the stadium without actually attending the game: At least 10,000

Fans in Lincoln for Saturday’s volleyball, soccer and cross-country events: more than 30,000

Pages in game day logistics plan: 35

Police, fire, emergency management and other public agencies involved: 50

ROTC cadets to inspect bags: 80 to 100

Concession sellers: 1,250

Roaming hawkers to sell snacks: up to 400

Athletic Department parking lot attendants (donor lots only): 77

Maintenance, grounds and custodial workers: 89

Suite hosts: 100

Huskers.com

• Fire 1

The numbers seem out of whack on these last three. I mean, 77 lot attendants and 100 suite hosts? And only 89 people to clean the whole mess up afterwards?
And 50 public agencies involved? I didn't know that many agencies even existed. :dunno:
Memorial Stadium capacity: 89,959

People who tailgate outside the stadium without actually attending the game: At least 10,000

Fans in Lincoln for Saturday’s volleyball, soccer and cross-country events: more than 30,000

Pages in game day logistics plan: 35

Police, fire, emergency management and other public agencies involved: 50

ROTC cadets to inspect bags: 80 to 100

Concession sellers: 1,250

Roaming hawkers to sell snacks: up to 400

Police cannabis seizures: 420

Deceased prostitutes in Puddlestheduck's hotel closet: 2

Huskers.com

Very interesting stats...

The numbers seem out of whack on these last three. I mean, 77 lot attendants and 100 suite hosts? And only 89 people to clean the whole mess up afterwards?
And 50 public agencies involved? I didn't know that many agencies even existed. :dunno:

There are about 25 lots. Last year there was only one attendant in my lot but there are two this year for a pretty small lot. There have to be 6-8 for the parking garage northeast of the stadium. And last I knew there was one host for each suite, maybe a few extras here and there (not sure how many suites there are now).

Seems like there should be more clean-up people but there isn't any time constraints on that. That would be about one person per section.

I was curious about the public agencies as well. No idea who the 50 would be.

There are about 25 lots. Last year there was only one attendant in my lot but there are two this year for a pretty small lot. There have to be 6-8 for the parking garage northeast of the stadium. And last I knew there was one host for each suite, maybe a few extras here and there (not sure how many suites there are now).

Seems like there should be more clean-up people but there isn't any time constraints on that. That would be about one person per section.

Actually, the ROTC students clean up after the games.

My step-daughter's roommate is in the Air Force ROTC, and they cleaned up after the first game.

She didn't get home until 4:00 AM.

I usually do my best to clean up after myself, but I have been guilty of leaving a pizza box behind or something. But after hearing that, I definitely make it a point to leave nothing from me behind.

I previously assumed they had a paid third party come in and clean after the games. But learning that they were unpaid ROTC students made me think about cleaning up after myself. I don't want to tell you guys what to do, but I'd definitely suggest picking up an item or two to give those poor kids a break.

• Fire 4

My step-daughter's roommate is in the Air Force ROTC, and they cleaned up after the first game.

I usually do my best to clean up after myself, but I have been guilty of leaving a pizza box behind or something. But after hearing that, I definitely make it a point to leave nothing from me behind.

I previously assumed they had a paid third party come in and clean after the games. But learning that they were unpaid ROTC students made me think about cleaning up after myself. I don't want to tell you guys what to do, but I'd definitely suggest picking up an item or two to give those poor kids a break.

Did not know that. Thanks for the info.

I used to clean the stands at TCU after every home game. It was part of the baseball program in HS. Was pretty cool to see a game for free and run around the field after it was all cleaned up.