30 for 30?

nemajordude

You know, if there are so many warts in that history then it should be for the best to shine a great big light on it. And perhaps we can all moderate our feelings of personal pride about a sports team's accomplishments accordingly.

This seems anti-fan to me. What are we supposed to do, not have any favorites? Not be a fan of anything? If something has a blemish on its history, we should be less excited to follow it?

What thing, created or followed by humanity, has zero blemish so that we can be fans of it with zero mitigating factors?

1st off my feelings about it are for a lot of folks who either didnt live during that time, or were too young to remember. All they have are fond memories of the success of the ear. for the older folks who were teenagers and older at the time, no, I'm not sure there would be much in there that would shock us. I think we have a pretty good gauge of the type of players we had and who they were on and off the field.

Also, nothing was surprising about the stuff in the Miami ones cuz it was Miami. Their perception matched their actual behavior spot on.

You know, if there are so many warts in that history then it should be for the best to shine a great big light on it. And perhaps we can all moderate our feelings of personal pride about a sports team's accomplishments accordingly.

This seems anti-fan to me. What are we supposed to do, not have any favorites? Not be a fan of anything? If something has a blemish on its history, we should be less excited to follow it?

What thing, created or followed by humanity, has zero blemish so that we can be fans of it with zero mitigating factors?

We can still be fans. We just don't need to make sure there's as little publicity about the bad spots on our program as possible to help our fandom along.

It's not anti-fan at all. Nothing has zero blemish, which means we should never fully and entirely endorse or hitch ourselves in worship of these things, and we shouldn't be afraid to acknowledge and confront the ugly stuff.

Stuff like Penn State and Baylor happen when an entire culture is built around not wanting to acknowledge the skeletons.

• Fire 2

It's not anti-fan at all. Nothing has zero blemish, which means we should never fully and entirely endorse or hitch ourselves in worship of these things, and we shouldn't be afraid to acknowledge and confront the ugly stuff.

Stuff like Penn State and Baylor happen when an entire culture is built around not wanting to acknowledge the skeletons.

This is a weird debate

I agree with Zoogs. Maybe we are putting a football team too high on a pedestal? It was a great time to be a Husker fan for sure but with all that transpired(Phillips, Christian Peter, etc) I'm interested in relooking at this team with an older, wiser set of eyes. I'm not sure how big a part LP will play in the total episode, but as I grow older I feel sadder for the conditions in which in grew up and more impressed by how he almost beat his childhood. Almost. Still makes me sad and mad to think about that abused little boy growing street tough, smart, and talented. A lot of people will disagree, but I sense that he was a decent human being and worthy of being in the Husker family. A lot of people loved him along the way but just goes to show you that a young boy doesn't need much but he does need his mother's love. I guess Brook will also be part of the show. That's a great positive storyline to offset some of the negative. I'm ready for the bad and the good

• Fire 2