Hats off to TA

drfish

Tommy willed this team to victory. I thought the Huskers were hosed when he went down with the leg camps. What a tough competitor.

Now 42 of 77 for 685 yds and 7 TD's vs 1 INT (though you should almost count the backwards pass) NCAA rating 156.7 (drops from 174) NFL equation 109.5 comp % still only 54.5%. But, I think no Tommy, no win.

• Fire 7

Tommy willed this team to victory. I thought the Huskers were hosed when he went down with the leg camps. What a tough competitor.

Now 42 of 77 for 685 yds and 7 TD's vs 1 INT (though you should almost count the backwards pass) NCAA rating 156.7 (drops from 174) NFL equation 109.5 comp % still only 54.5%. But, I think no Tommy, no win.

Just off the top of my head, that backwards pass was his worst decision of the day. He should have thrown it out of bounds because the running back wasn't going anywhere on that play with three defenders there.

Other than that, Tommy had a really good day imo.

• Fire 1

Just off the top of my head, that backwards pass was his worst decision of the day. He should have thrown it out of bounds because the running back wasn't going anywhere on that play with three defenders there.

That was a bad play design. Why the RB is running sideways so it has to be a backwards pass I have no clue. Yes, Tommy didn't make a good throw, but it was a bad play design and bad play call at that point in the game.

In the future, when I look back on Tommy Armstrong, this game will be the first to come to mind. Tommy had his best game today. He ran very well, made great decisions all game, and had the heart of a warrior. There have been times I've doubted you and wanted another QB, but everything considered you proved me wrong today.

• Fire 1

That was a bad play design. Why the RB is running sideways so it has to be a backwards pass I have no clue. Yes, Tommy didn't make a good throw, but it was a bad play design and bad play call at that point in the game.

Tommy said after the game he didn't take his drop as far back as he has been taught because he wanted to get the ball out there fast because "they weren't covering him". If he would have, it would have been a forward pass. It wasn't a bad play design, it was bad execution. However, he admitted it and played like a champion. All players make mistakes, not all players carry a team like he did today.

• Fire 1

*Edit* Nvm me.

Tommy said after the game he didn't take his drop as far back as he has been taught because he wanted to get the ball out there fast because "they weren't covering him". If he would have, it would have been a forward pass. It wasn't a bad play design, it was bad execution. However, he admitted it and played like a champion. All players make mistakes, not all players carry a team like he did today.

I didn't like the call, I didn't like the throw and I didn't like Wilbon's effort to get to the ball.

TA was a bad ass today. TD run in the 4th quarter was 100% baller!

• Fire 1

In the future, when I look back on Tommy Armstrong, this game will be the first to come to mind. Tommy had his best game today. He ran very well, made great decisions all game, and had the heart of a warrior. There have been times I've doubted you and wanted another QB, but everything considered you proved me wrong today.

I was going to say something very similar. TA did very good today. Played to his strengths, and fought to win every play.

• Fire 2