Lincoln East destination

Evanston, Illinois seems to attract Husker fans like no other Big Ten destination. With the Huskers winning and the the Wildcats in a funk, could we see 50% red in the stands this weekend?

It's also Westerkamps home, which he said there might be 100 people from his family/friends alone.

That place is going to be more then 50% red.

Lots of NU grads in the Chicago land area and it is a pretty short drive, only about 8-9 hours from Omaha.

Not even. I drove back home last night from Lincoln in a little over 7.

Here on the right coast, that's a lifetime. One of my favorite things about NE is the disregard of the time space continuum. :-)

Lots of NU grads in the Chicago land area and it is a pretty short drive, only about 8-9 hours from Omaha.

Not even. I drove back home last night from Lincoln in a little over 7.

Here on the right coast, that's a lifetime. One of my favorite things about NE is the disregard of the time space continuum. :-)

Even when I was living in Atlanta I was making 5-12 hour road trips on a monthly basis. I always pretend like I hate them but I can't seem to help myself.

Is there a thread with things to do on other campuses? I love to watch our team go up against away games, but I've never been to Northwestern. I'm taking my 3 yo's to their first game and I am hoping to find things to do that are in the Evanston so I can avoid going into the heart of Chicago. Too bad I am driving up Saturday morning or I would go watch the Cards play Friday night.

Is there a thread with things to do on other campuses? I love to watch our team go up against away games, but I've never been to Northwestern. I'm taking my 3 yo's to their first game and I am hoping to find things to do that are in the Evanston so I can avoid going into the heart of Chicago. Too bad I am driving up Saturday morning or I would go watch the Cards play Friday night.

I've never been to a game here, but I know Kirkwood bar in Wrigleyville is a huge Husker watch site, and the entire area is quite a bit of fun with tons of bars/restaurants to hop around in. There is a party bus that goes from Kirkwood to the game that is unfortunately sold out, however it's a block away from the red line which also heads up to Evanston.

Don't know much about tailgating. Trying to figure out that info for myself as well.