**** Official Northwestern Game Discussion Thread *****

Mavric

SCORE UPDATE:

Colorado is giving Oregon a game.

https://twitter.com/leebeeowh/status/779846510284447744?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw

Colorado is pretty good this year....don't know how that happened.

Universal law of physics, eventually everything is possible, that and got some better recruits.
No, Oregon simply isn't that good.

Nah, loosing by 3 to a good team doesn't make you bad and Colorado is a good team with some talent. Played us hard had a good D line and their starter was impressive before he got knocked out. Ducks D is mediocre no doubt, but they can score and give anyone a game.

Colorado coach is going full idiot however

Come on, man. Colorado beat Oregon AT Oregon with a backup QB. Last week people acted like beating Oregon was some major accomplishment. This is the worst Oregon team in recent memory.

The Oregon win is losing its luster.
Exactly. People disagree with me no matter what I say, simply because I'm not all rainbows and unicorns all the time. I see things from a different perspective, because I live in Bama, yet I'm a Nebraska fan. People want to hear nothing but positive all the time, while I tend to see things more realistically.

Who cares? We won, enjoy it and move on.

• Fire 1

SCORE UPDATE:

https://twitter.com/leebeeowh/status/779846510284447744?ref_src=twsrc^tfw

Universal law of physics, eventually everything is possible, that and got some better recruits.

Nah, loosing by 3 to a good team doesn't make you bad and Colorado is a good team with some talent. Played us hard had a good D line and their starter was impressive before he got knocked out. Ducks D is mediocre no doubt, but they can score and give anyone a game.

Come on, man. Colorado beat Oregon AT Oregon with a backup QB. Last week people acted like beating Oregon was some major accomplishment. This is the worst Oregon team in recent memory.

Exactly. People disagree with me no matter what I say, simply because I'm not all rainbows and unicorns all the time. I see things from a different perspective, because I live in Bama, yet I'm a Nebraska fan.

If you read your thread, I actually agreed with you. It's your relentless effort to be a gigantic douchebag about it that's getting on people's nerves.

• Fire 2

SCORE UPDATE:

That win got Nebraska ranked. You need to tone down the blatant anti-fandom. Seriously.

• Fire 1

SCORE UPDATE:

That win got Nebraska ranked. You need to tone down the blatant anti-fandom. Seriously.

I thought he was seriously trolling last week to see who he could get a rise out of....

SCORE UPDATE:

Exactly. People disagree with me no matter what I say, simply because I'm not all rainbows and unicorns all the time. I see things from a different perspective, because I live in Bama, yet I'm a Nebraska fan. People want to hear nothing but positive all the time, while I tend to see things more realistically.

Colorado is a pretty good team that's a few years from being back to some semblance of themselves.

As for our win against Oregon and Oregon's subsequent loss to Colorado, the truth is probably somewhere in between--we beat an Oregon team that may end up back in the Top 25 at the end of the year...but probably shouldn't have been in the Top 25 when we played them.

Textbook targeting in the Stanford ucla games and the refs somehow say it wasn't targeting after a review- this sh#t so inconsistent throughout games, Gerry would have been booted for sire

In the Michigan-Penn St. game the receiver and the DB both dove for a low pass thrown between them. The DB's shoulder hit the receiver's facemask from the side, and the refs called targeting, and it was upheld. Ridiculous

SCORE UPDATE:

Exactly. People disagree with me no matter what I say, simply because I'm not all rainbows and unicorns all the time. I see things from a different perspective, because I live in Bama, yet I'm a Nebraska fan.

If you read your thread, I actually agreed with you. It's your relentless effort to be a gigantic douchebag about it that's getting on people's nerves.

THANK YOU. THIS. EXACTLY THIS.

I reported this guy. In a game thread. The fact I reported someone in a game thread means they are ESPECIALLY annoying. He should be banned 3.5 hours a week, during the games, in my humble opinion.

First Half Observations:

• Nebraska has been it's own worst enemy.
  • Our zone running game has been pretty much hit & miss.
  • The natural grass turf is predominantly the cause of some of our missed tackles. You can see our guys are having a tough time with their footing.
  • Northwestern's failed fake field goal was one of the most creative fake field goal schemes I've seen.

Adjustments I'd like to see in the 2nd Half:

• Because our zone running game has been so hit or miss, Nebraska can go one of two directions. Either use more heavy personnel with multiple Tight Ends & a Fullback and get our power game going. OR....Spread them out, and get our deep passes, screen game, and Draw running game going.