Not gonna read through three probable pages of but hurt bickering aboutstuff that floods my Facebook wall on a daily basis.

But if people are gonna get their panties in a bunch over players, no matter what the sport, kneeling during the national anthem, my question to those is have they ever seen the number of elected officials that are on their phones during opening precedings of a congressional seeing

• Fire 1

Not gonna read through three probable pages of but hurt bickering aboutstuff that floods my Facebook wall on a daily basis.

But if people are gonna get their panties in a bunch over players, no matter what the sport, kneeling during the national anthem, my question to those is have they ever seen the number of elected officials that are on their phones during opening precedings of a congressional seeing

but those guys are perennial a$$hole$ who give a sh#t bout nothing but themselves. So thats expected. Lol

I think that's the great thing about it happening here. When it's not your own guys, it's easy to see them as some kooks out there. Our somewhat illogical attachment to sports teams is precisely what makes them such an important vehicle for awareness.

When it's the players we root for, their teammates we root for, our fellow fans, etc -- surely for the most resolutely opposed there's some "Wait a minute" moment here.

I'm glad it happened at NU. I hope to see some more solidarity around the country. As far as I know, kneeling implies zero disrespect towards those who do stand, sing, whatever it is.

"He let us know about it and we completely respect him for it," Westerkamp said. "That's it."

^Great to see. We had four players proudly hold the flag during the anthem today, too. A lot to be proud of with these Huskers.

• Fire 2

Anyone ever heard of the 1st amendment people......they are being way more American than all those here who are condemning their actions for being "Unamerican", you are all hypocrites, let them have their voice heard.

You don't have to agree with their platform but at least agree with their right to express themselves, otherwise you may as well just be in communist China

I agree with their right to express themselves. That doesn't mean it's not classless, tasteless, and overall unbecoming of a representative of the taxpayer-funded University if Nebraska.

You are way overreacting, its a simple peaceful protest which has happened multiple times throughout history, so whats the big f'ing deal? UNL should support their right to express their views if anything, if they were an overreaching University they would force them to stop.

Simply let the players stand up for what they believe in, any resistance is a totalitarian movement that will reduce productivity and make the players become less loyal to the University they support. UNL should support their right to express their opinion. Like I said, you don't have to agree with it, just understand their right to voice their opinion.

Their opinion is just as valid as anyone elses.

I'm not "way overreacting". Overreacting would be asking for their expulsion. I'm saying they're classless and tasteless because they're intentionally showing a lack of respect for the symbol of our country and all who've sacrificed for it; which, incidentally, has nothing to do with what they're protesting.

lol what? The people who have sacrificed their lives for the US did so to protect things like freedom of speech. And do you even know why they're protesting? It's because this country belongs to minorities too, and they don't feel that it is representing them as equally as others. Hence, kneeling during the anthem.

I also find it rich that there are all these people raging over this peaceful protest, while poo-pooing institutional bias, racism, and people literally being killed.

• Fire 1

I don't know what the worst part of 2016 has been. The fact that so many good people have passed on or the fact that I have realized so many people are ignorant, racist asshats.

i think its social media. It has given a highly visible playform for undeserving asshats to voice their extreme, unthoughtful opinions without accountability. Im guilty of it myself at times. I get it. This isnt a high horse almighty talkdowm. And theres guilt on both sides of any argument. Folks are so hellbent on their opinion that they do t care what facts are. Theyre gonna stand by it. Why? Cuz nothing matters on a monitor. Its sad really. Having intellectual convo gets harder everyday. Cuz so many dont wanna think for themselves anymore.
  • Fire 5

I don't know what the worst part of 2016 has been. The fact that so many good people have passed on or the fact that I have realized so many people are ignorant, racist asshats.

i think its social media. It has given a highly visible playform for undeserving asshats to voice their extreme, unthoughtful opinions without accountability. Im guilty of it myself at times. I get it. This isnt a high horse almighty talkdowm. And theres guilt on both sides of any argument. Folks are so hellbent on their opinion that they do t care what facts are. Theyre gonna stand by it. Why? Cuz nothing matters on a monitor. Its sad really. Having intellectual convo gets harder everyday. Cuz so many dont wanna think for themselves anymore.

I will plus one u as soon as I'm off mobile. Well said.