Players kneel for prayer after the game, nobody bats an eye.

Players kneel for the national anthem, everyone loses their minds.

Traditions are weird.

Taking a knee for prayer is a sign of respect for a higher power.

Taking a knee for this countrys national anthem and all who have died to make a football game possible shows a total lack of it.

• Fire 9

The national anthem is not just for veterans or those who have fought for the US. Its for everyone, and stands for our nation's incredible freedoms - for every Individual. People can acknowledge it however they want. Some people sing, some do not. Those bastards are unpatriotic! Some people put their hands over their heart - some do not - how scandalous! I agree w/the above comment. You people making a big deal out of it are the ones w/the issue.

• Fire 4

The national anthem is not just for veterans or those who have fought for the US. Its for everyone, and stands for our nation's incredible freedoms - for every Individual. People can acknowledge it however they want. Some people sing, some do not. Those bastards are unpatriotic! Some people put their hands over their heart - some do not - how scandalous! I agree w/the above comment. You people making a big deal out if it are the ones w/the issue.

What that guy said ^

Furthermore, it's putting more pressure on finding a solution to the violence; which I'm pretty sure is universally desirable.

• Fire 1

all other persons present should face the flag and stand at attention with their right hand over the heart, and men not in uniform, if applicable, should remove their headdress with their right hand and hold it at the left shoulder, the hand being over the heart. Knapplc!!

Why? Who made these arbitrary things up? Why are we doing it the way they say?

Also, if you see social injustice and think not enough is being done to solve it, what would you do? Should they be violent instead? This is a fine way to protest.