Anyone ever heard of the 1st amendment people......they are being way more American than all those here who are condemning their actions for being "Unamerican", you are all hypocrites, let them have their voice heard.

You don't have to agree with their platform but at least agree with their right to express themselves, otherwise you may as well just be in communist China

• Fire 9

Anyone ever heard of the 1st amendment people......they are being way more American than all those here who are condemning their actions for being "Unamerican", you are all hypocrites, let them have their voice heard.

You don't have to agree with their platform but at least agree with their right to express themselves, otherwise you may as well just be in communist China

Exactly. This is why this country is great, they have every right to protest. They aren't hurting anyone or infringing on anyone else's rights." I may not agree with what you say, but I will defend, to the death, your right to say it".

• Fire 1

I agree with their right to express themselves. That doesn't mean it's not classless, tasteless, and overall unbecoming of a representative of the taxpayer-funded University if Nebraska.

• Fire 4

I agree with their right to express themselves. That doesn't mean it's not classless, tasteless, and overall unbecoming of a representative of the taxpayer-funded University if Nebraska.

You are way overreacting, its a simple peaceful protest which has happened multiple times throughout history, so whats the big f'ing deal? UNL should support their right to express their views if anything, if they were an overreaching University they would force them to stop.

Simply let the players stand up for what they believe in, any resistance is a totalitarian movement that will reduce productivity and make the players become less loyal to the University they support. UNL should support their right to express their opinion. Like I said, you don't have to agree with it, just understand their right to voice their opinion.

Their opinion is just as valid as anyone elses.

• Fire 5

Classless would be if they turned fheir back on the flag, tasteless would be if they refused to come on the field; their kneeling statement is about as "becoming" a protest as a college athlete can do.

• Fire 4

The national anthem is not just for veterans or those who have fought for the US. Its for everyone, and stands for our nation's incredible freedoms - for every Individual. People can acknowledge it however they want. Some people sing, some do not. Those bastards are unpatriotic! Some people put their hands over their heart - some do not - how scandalous! I agree w/the above comment. You people making a big deal out if it are the ones w/the issue.

What that guy said ^

Furthermore, it's putting more pressure on finding a solution to the violence; which I'm pretty sure is universally desirable.

Well....pressure to find a solution to SOME violence.....a very, very, very minute portion of the violence that occurs.....African American kids have been killing African American kids for decades.....no one ever gave a hoot about that violence. Now, these kids surely have the right to act the fool....I served to give them that right.....but they are misguided, bandwagoning, trend-following sheep, and disingenuous in my opinion

• Fire 2

Exactly. They have the right to express their opinions. Even if they're being trashy and disrespectful.

Oh please. Classless is threatening bodily harm on these individuals. As a veteran, I fully support these non-violent protests. Maybe if people were willing to actually listen and empathize, we wouldn't have players kneeling during the anthem.

• Fire 9

It's none of those things you just said. And the "taxpayer" funded line was nice. The football program pays for itself and almost the whole athletics department. Taxpayer money goes into other things.

The national anthem is not just for veterans or those who have fought for the US. Its for everyone, and stands for our nation's incredible freedoms - for every Individual. People can acknowledge it however they want. Some people sing, some do not. Those bastards are unpatriotic! Some people put their hands over their heart - some do not - how scandalous! I agree w/the above comment. You people making a big deal out if it are the ones w/the issue.

What that guy said ^

Furthermore, it's putting more pressure on finding a solution to the violence; which I'm pretty sure is universally desirable.

Well....pressure to find a solution to SOME violence.....a very, very, very minute portion of the violence that occurs.....African American kids have been killing African American kids for decades.....no one ever gave a hoot about that violence. Now, these kids surely have the right to act the fool....I served to give them that right.....but they are misguided, bandwagoning, trend-following sheep, and disingenuous in my opinion

Sorry, but you're completely missing the point.