Anyone ever heard of the 1st amendment people......they are being way more American than all those here who are condemning their actions for being "Unamerican", you are all hypocrites, let them have their voice heard.

You don't have to agree with their platform but at least agree with their right to express themselves, otherwise you may as well just be in communist China

I agree with their right to express themselves. That doesn't mean it's not classless, tasteless, and overall unbecoming of a representative of the taxpayer-funded University if Nebraska.

Exactly. They have the right to express their opinions. Even if they're being trashy and disrespectful.

They are not trashy or disrespectful.

I was as upset as anyone over this when Kaepernick did it. But as time has passed and more ive let it go. It is what it is. First off. Its a right to do it. I honor that right. Even though i dont agree with it. Yes. I wish theyd pick a different platform but its their right nonetheless. 2nd. My perspective is that its already beckme so watered down and " the norm" that soonno kne willnotice anyway. Its like thousands rushing to social media to provide worthless prayers after a tragedy that dont accomplish a damn thing but try to get a little attn. this "movement" is not gonna change anything. And sadly, since there are idiots on the other extreme, its poiring fuel on the fire. Poking the bear. Not that thats their intention. But i see how some are seeing it that way. Me? It is what it is. I can think of 6000 more important things to get worked up over than some guys standing "kneeling" for what they believe in.

Anyone ever heard of the 1st amendment people......they are being way more American than all those here who are condemning their actions for being "Unamerican", you are all hypocrites, let them have their voice heard.

You don't have to agree with their platform but at least agree with their right to express themselves, otherwise you may as well just be in communist China

I agree with their right to express themselves. That doesn't mean it's not classless, tasteless, and overall unbecoming of a representative of the taxpayer-funded University if Nebraska.

You are way overreacting, its a simple peaceful protest which has happened multiple times throughout history, so whats the big f'ing deal? UNL should support their right to express their views if anything, if they were an overreaching University they would force them to stop.

Simply let the players stand up for what they believe in, any resistance is a totalitarian movement that will reduce productivity and make the players become less loyal to the University they support. UNL should support their right to express their opinion. Like I said, you don't have to agree with it, just understand their right to voice their opinion.

Their opinion is just as valid as anyone elses.

I'm not "way overreacting". Overreacting would be asking for their expulsion. I'm saying they're classless and tasteless because they're intentionally showing a lack of respect for the symbol of our country and all who've sacrificed for it; which, incidentally, has nothing to do with what they're protesting.

dont worry this wont happen once trump is president

So you admit that if that clown becomes president then we will lose one of the most important freedoms guaranteed by our constitution?

You are ok sending our soldiers into harms way for "freedom" but hate when people actually use it here at home?

I know frightened white man nationalism is at an all time high but this is more disgraceful than any protest. I hope more players start doing it.

Oh please. Classless is threatening bodily harm on these individuals. As a veteran, I fully support these non-violent protests. Maybe if people were willing to actually listen and empathize, we wouldn't have players kneeling during the anthem.

No, threatening bodily harm would be called "criminal", not "classless".

• Fire 1

You are way overreacting, its a simple peaceful protest which has happened multiple times throughout history, so whats the big f'ing deal? UNL should support their right to express their views if anything, if they were an overreaching University they would force them to stop.

Simply let the players stand up for what they believe in, any resistance is a totalitarian movement that will reduce productivity and make the players become less loyal to the University they support. UNL should support their right to express their opinion. Like I said, you don't have to agree with it, just understand their right to voice their opinion.

I'm not "way overreacting". Overreacting would be asking for their expulsion. I'm saying they're classless and tasteless because they're intentionally showing a lack of respect for the symbol of our country and all who've sacrificed for it; which, incidentally, has nothing to do with what they're protesting.

So we should just blindly believe what our country has given us, cause they are insusceptible of criticism because they are the USA, which is the "greatest" country in the world, who shouldn't be criticized? That's complete bullsh#t, our country is fundamentally flawed, which is why we have this election with f'ing Hilary vs. Trump, the worst election ever, there is really no good choice. So democracy has failed most obviously, and some want to express their views on police brutality. Maybe just hear them out and understand that many in our community, including athletes, have opinions that may be against what many believe, but they are valid opinions nonetheless.

This reaction is EXACTLY what they are trying to induce, to a f'ing T. You are all taking the bait just as the media would want. Just realize that.

Everyone who has ever said they're disrespecting people who have sacrificed for the country is claiming they can read people's minds. Unless these players come out and say they don't give a sh#t about how they were protected during wars, then that's just a big giant guess on your part.

If you're specifically talking about the lyrics of the song, why should someone who is fighting against systematic racism care all that much about sacrifices made by our soldiers during a time when slavery was legal?

dont worry this wont happen once trump is president

So you admit that if that clown becomes president then we will lose one of the most important freedoms guaranteed by our constitution?

You are ok sending our soldiers into harms way for "freedom" but hate when people actually use it here at home?

I know frightened white man nationalism is at an all time high but this is more disgraceful than any protest. I hope more players start doing it.

you cant possibly think I'm being serious?

From where they stand, kneeling during the National Anthem is no more or no less disrespectful than ripping them for doing so and ignoring the issue they're trying to bring attention to.

I honor and respect the service of anyone who's ever worn the uniform. I'm also proud of our boys for believing in something and having the stones to stand up for it.

• Fire 1

What a disgrace. Absolutely upsetting

You are right...its disgusting to see after all the brave Americans from all races have died for this country. Nobody is saying they dont have the right to do their petty little kneel, but we all have the right to call them disrespectful and a bunch of pansies.

I hope at the remaining Husker home games that they bring out all the brave police officers who risk their own lives every single day and pay tribute for their services.

• Fire 2

One has freedom of speech. It is a constitutional right. However, when one represents an institution, there should be an expectation and standard that is held to. Remember Ron Browns comments on homosexuality? Many wanted him fired. He did this on his own time and own dime. Not on NU's.... Same thing. No different. One can not claim free speech when it fits their views and BS when it does not. Thats the inherent problem in this country today.

If they choose to hold these views and opinions, good for them. So long as they are not done in a Husker uniform. Same with Brown. Same with cake bakers not wanting to bake a cake, or Hobby Lobby pay for abortion, or a Muslim not wanting to deliver alcohol...........

Kapperniks comments about "There are bodies in the street and people getting paid leave and getting away with murder." The Tulsa PD officer was indicted, as was the North Charleston PD Offcer and those in Baltimore..... He is now looked at as a hero. I watched this week as my city burned........because of comments like this. Prior to the facts, prior to the truth and prior to any dialogue.

There is a time and place to address issues. IMO, during the National Anthem is not one of them. Especially when the "system" is providing you with a free education....... and an opportunity to showcase your talent to perhaps make millions of dollars.....

• Fire 5

What a disgrace. Absolutely upsetting

You are right...its disgusting to see after all the brave Americans from all races have died for this country. Nobody is saying they dont have the right to do their petty little kneel, but we all have the right to call them disrespectful and a bunch of pansies.

I hope at the remaining Husker home games that they bring out all the brave police officers who risk their own lives every single day and pay tribute for their services.

You have that right. You're wrong, though. And how are they pansies when they get this much flack? Doing nothing and not standing for what they believe in would make them pansies.

• Fire 2