CB Quran Hafiz [Florida Atlantic - Signed LOI]

HuskermanMike

HuskerBoard Predictor  

54 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Speculation that with Johnson in play, working on Graham and getting back in the mix with Darnay, that Hafiz has slid down our board. Might be willing to take a chance passing on him while trying to lure others.

i hope we do if for no other reason than to think big. We seem to have decent depth at CB so if we don't fill the spot with Hafiz and take the chance on the other bigger names and whiff I wouldn't be upset

I thought that it was expressed that his offer was most likely not comittal right now.

That was just Mav's opinion.

IMO, if we have 0 DBs committed by December 19 and we're turning away some decent prospects for hopes at bigger fish near signing day, that would concern me. If the kid wants to commit here, and Darnay and the like can't get their sh#t together, I'd love to have him. Like I said earlier, this guy is very much in the mold of Chris Jones and he turned out alright.

This is true. And it's complete speculation on my part.

That guess came from how excited he seems to be about Nebraska, his relative lack of other "big" offers and the other - seemingly more attractive - other guys we had been after.

However, it's also entirely possible that he just wanted to wait and have a special signing ceremony. That didn't seem to make as much sense at the time because he would risk losing his spot. But perhaps we aren't as in on the other guys as we'd like to think. Or perhaps we like him more than I think.

It was just a hunch. Could be wrong.

I still think it's possible that he never did have a committable offer.

But if he did, he definitely missed out by not committing when he had the chance.

• Fire 1