CB Quran Hafiz [Florida Atlantic - Signed LOI]

HuskermanMike

HuskerBoard Predictor  

54 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I read the report this morning in full - recruit and victim names are stricken, but honestly it smells real bad. She "thinks" her initial threesome was consensual, and there is video of it but the entire situation is a cluster. Id be totally ok with walking away from this kid. At best it was as a real bad decision - and yes I know he is 18, and all of you will hit back with "what 18 year old wouldn't jump into a threesome" - but thats the question Id ask you. If you were on a recruiting trip, which is essentially an interview - do you hop into a 3 way? Would you really ever join ( if you are being honest and not trying to impress your HB biudies)?

That is pretty common on a recruiting trip. Not really the 3 way but hooking up with girls is. Part of the trip is a job interview, like when you are with the coaches and the team. The other part of the trip is hanging with your host player and experiencing a night of what it is like to be a college football player. Usually involves drinking and partying. Not always

I have tried typing this three times so forgive me if it shows here more than once.

I worked in recruiting for some years and am very aware that there are typically evening activites. It doesnt change my opinion that this incident was significantly different.

I also know that the hosting players are givien pretty strict guidance from the coaches and admin about staying out of trouble. Obviously his host didn't do that, but it doesnt excuse his decision. Taping it? Stupid.

• Fire 2

This is the last thing I'll say about this, but I think that there's two sides to a recruiting visit.

1. Meeting the coaches, seeing facilities, and understanding the business side of being a college football player. This is the part that we always focus on.

2. How fun it is to be a student on the campus outside of football. Although some of us probably don't think about this, it's extremely important in selecting the school that you best see yourself attending. In my opinion, this obviously includes parties and night life. I'm still in undergrad here at UNL, and I can attest that I have been at the same party as at least 40% of our current recruiting class. It's a really important part of selecting where you wanna spend four years of your life and I think it's something that the recruits should be exposed to so that they can understand all the university truly has to offer. We all know that life is more than football and school.

Given this however, I by no means agree with what happened at Minnesota but I refrain to form an opinion without truly knowing the facts.

I wouldn't be heartbroken if this kid took his talents elsewhere. On 2nd thought I dearly hope he never sets foot in the state. Yes I know he is 18 but the lack of discretion he showed on his first time away from home is disturbing. Also bad for the coaches to deal him to the player who took him to the party. I don't want to waste the time for him to hold a spot on the team and have him make another terrible decision a year from now and have his name attached to Nebraska when he gets sent to jail. And for any who might say this is a right of passage into manhood.....I can't think of a time in my life I wanted to be in a threeway with another man present and active.

• Fire 1

This is the last thing I'll say about this, but I think that there's two sides to a recruiting visit.

1. Meeting the coaches, seeing facilities, and understanding the business side of being a college football player. This is the part that we always focus on.

2. How fun it is to be a student on the campus outside of football. Although some of us probably don't think about this, it's extremely important in selecting the school that you best see yourself attending. In my opinion, this obviously includes parties and night life. I'm still in undergrad here at UNL, and I can attest that I have been at the same party as at least 40% of our current recruiting class. It's a really important part of selecting where you wanna spend four years of your life and I think it's something that the recruits should be exposed to so that they can understand all the university truly has to offer. We all know that life is more than football and school.

Given this however, I by no means agree with what happened at Minnesota but I refrain to form an opinion without truly knowing the facts.

How's it going SAE ;)

In a Sept. 2 tweet, he wrote that he was enjoying his official visit and posted a photo of himself standing with head coach Tracy Claeys. According to his recent social media postings, the recruit has since ruled out the University of Minnesota as one of his options.

Can anyone access his Twitter account and see if he posted this message on September 2? Then we would know for sure.

We haven't backed off of him.

The accuser has came out and said that the sexual encounter with the recruit and the other guy were consensual. It was the later encounters that produced this horrible situation.

I don't want to take a recruit who bangs a random girl while on a visit to another university?
Are you gay mate? It's okay to tell us.

Also the not wanting to take players who have had sex with girls before is a little too high and mighty for my liking.

The mind boggles with remarks like this. Some schools in the SEC cheat like dogs......you okay with that or is it a little high and mighty for your liking. :facepalm:

There is one hell of a lot of difference between "having sex with girls" and going what is alleged happened in Minnesota.

Now, I'm not going to outright condemn this kid because you don't know what kind of position the MN players put this HS kid in. They are supposed to be the responsible ones while still showing a recruit a good time.

• Fire 4