CB Quran Hafiz [Florida Atlantic - Signed LOI]

HuskermanMike

HuskerBoard Predictor  

54 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Being reported other places as well. Probably for the best; he's not that good of a prospect to begin with.

I understand that circumstances around this recruit is different than most, but I am tired of seeing "this recruit is a project or not that good to begin" garbage... We sure as hell are losing a lot of projects and gambles, not to mention we are going to probably miss out on Lewis and a couple more. At what point do we stop deflecting blame and start being concerned that we cannot close, even on the projects?

Let's see how the class finishes out before we jump off the cliff.

Asking whether we should be concerned is not the same as jumping off a cliff, as much as some people wish it was. I honestly think it's a pretty rationale question, given developments over the last few weeks.

Also think it was a pretty rationale reply - we have no idea what is going on behind the scenes. We could have the top 8 choices locked up or we could miss on all 8.... If we get them all then it was probably a little silly to get concerned / if we get zero then the concern would be why did we not read the situation better and lock up some other guys sooner - my guess is it will be somewhere between 1-8. At that point it will be easier to evaluate - so for now, there is no reason to be near the cliff.

Being reported other places as well. Probably for the best; he's not that good of a prospect to begin with.

I understand that circumstances around this recruit is different than most, but I am tired of seeing "this recruit is a project or not that good to begin" garbage... We sure as hell are losing a lot of projects and gambles, not to mention we are going to probably miss out on Lewis and a couple more. At what point do we stop deflecting blame and start being concerned that we cannot close, even on the projects?

Let's see how the class finishes out before we jump off the cliff.

Asking whether we should be concerned is not the same as jumping off a cliff, as much as some people wish it was. I honestly think it's a pretty rationale question, given developments over the last few weeks.

And, I answered the question.

Look at the offer list. We don't need DBs that badly, and we have a lot better chance with much, much better prospects.

Look at the offer list. We don't need DBs that badly, and we have a lot better chance with much, much better prospects.
I agree.

With knowing next to nothing on the exact things that went on (nobody does other than the people involved), there's a part of me that feels sorry for this kid that went on an official visit, got in the middle of something bad with players who were supposed to be hosting him and it's affecting his future even at other schools.

I'm not saying we should have stood behind our offer or that pulling it was wrong. It's just a bad situation a HS kid is in when going on a visit like this.

Not a good look for Minnesota.

With knowing next to nothing on the exact things that went on (nobody does other than the people involved), there's a part of me that feels sorry for this kid that went on an official visit, got in the middle of something bad with players who were supposed to be hosting him and it's affecting his future even at other schools.

I'm not saying we should have stood behind our offer or that pulling it was wrong. It's just a bad situation a HS kid is in when going on a visit like this.

Certainly a tough way to learn a valuable lesson, but pulling his offer was the right thing to do and I support Riley (am actually grateful the decision came out this way). Hopefully others watching that are in the process or may go through it in the coming years learn from it. Seems it would be an excellent convo for high school coaches and parents to have with the superstars.

We haven't backed off of him.

The accuser has came out and said that the sexual encounter with the recruit and the other guy were consensual. It was the later encounters that produced this horrible situation.

I don't want to take a recruit who bangs a random girl while on a visit to another university?
Are you gay mate? It's okay to tell us.

Also the not wanting to take players who have had sex with girls before is a little too high and mighty for my liking.

The mind boggles with remarks like this. Some schools in the SEC cheat like dogs......you okay with that or is it a little high and mighty for your liking. :facepalm:

It also a little upsetting that so many are painting this kid guilty and condemning him when he actually didnt do anything wrong but have sex at a college party.

If even half of the report is true, that's some special kind of f'd up s**t that went on up there.

We haven't backed off of him.

The accuser has came out and said that the sexual encounter with the recruit and the other guy were consensual. It was the later encounters that produced this horrible situation.

I don't want to take a recruit who bangs a random girl while on a visit to another university?
Are you gay mate? It's okay to tell us.

Also the not wanting to take players who have had sex with girls before is a little too high and mighty for my liking.

The mind boggles with remarks like this. Some schools in the SEC cheat like dogs......you okay with that or is it a little high and mighty for your liking. :facepalm:

It also a little upsetting that so many are painting this kid guilty and condemning him when he actually didnt do anything wrong but have sex at a college party.

BigRedBuster, on 19 Dec 2016 - 1:16 PM, said:snapback.png

"If even half of the report is true, that's some special kind of f'd up s**t that went on up there."

• Fire 1
  • 3 weeks later...