Will Protests and Backlash Affect Recruiting?

ADS

I'm referring to the same 'these people' that you are - the people chanting that they want dead cops. What is their affiliation with Black Lives Matter?

:facepalm:
Well?
Do they have to officially sign up somewhere, or does the BLM sign they're holding count? Does BLM release their membership statistics? Playing ignorant doesn't help anything or anyone - just as some of those, on the other side of the argument, are playing ignorant in the chat on MRI in the football forum.

I've marched alongside BLM. They don't do that. That's a Fox News thing to keep mid-western white people afraid and watching.

In any protest there will be people that fall into your group, that are not part of your group, that have their own agendas.

<not sure how this happened. posting before coffee>

I'm referring to the same 'these people' that you are - the people chanting that they want dead cops. What is their affiliation with Black Lives Matter?

Well?
Do they have to officially sign up somewhere, or does the BLM sign they're holding count? Does BLM release their membership statistics? Playing ignorant doesn't help anything or anyone - just as some of those, on the other side of the argument, are playing ignorant in the chat on MRI in the football forum.

Lol...great point 120889. I went to bed so am just now replying, but I guess LOMS feels that holding up signs and deeming themselves BLM protesters doesn't count. LMFAO.

Well?

I've marched alongside BLM. They don't do that. That's a Fox News thing to keep mid-western white people afraid and watching.

In any protest there will be people that fall into your group, that are not part of your group, that have their own agendas.

Oh here we go again...let's blame a right-wing conspiracy on everything...straight out of Hillary's playbook. Just this week a BLM group attacked a Trump supporter, and that has happened many times.

Well?

Macro, after reading through all your post in multiple threads I must commend you for putting your money where your mouth is. It's pretty awesome that you've got involved in the manner you have. As for my question, it wasn't supposed to be sarcastic...I honestly didn't know the answer to the question. i assumed it was something along the lines you replied, where there are opportunist in every group that will turn a peaceful and progressive movement into something beyond the original intent.

Well?

Oh here we go again...let's blame a right-wing conspiracy on everything...straight out of Hillary's playbook. Just this week a BLM group attacked a Trump supporter, and that has happened many times.

Just out of curiosity, how old are you?

• Fire 1

As for my question, it wasn't supposed to be sarcastic...I honestly didn't know the answer to the question. i assumed it was something along the lines you replied, where there are opportunist in every group that will turn a peaceful and progressive movement into something beyond the original intent.

This is the point I was getting at. Anyone can hold up a banner and claim allegiance to BLM while doing and saying their own things. How do we determine that they are a proper representation of the defined message, intent and leadership of Black Lives Matter?

bnillhome loves to jump on this as representative of the movement, when in reality, it just isn't. If it is, then Christianity wants f**s to burn in hell as evidenced by the representation of Westboro.

• Fire 2

As for my question, it wasn't supposed to be sarcastic...I honestly didn't know the answer to the question. i assumed it was something along the lines you replied, where there are opportunist in every group that will turn a peaceful and progressive movement into something beyond the original intent.

This is the point I was getting at. Anyone can hold up a banner and claim allegiance to BLM while doing and saying their own things. How do we determine that they are a proper representation of the defined message, intent and leadership of Black Lives Matter?

bnillhome loves to jump on this as representative of the movement, when in reality, it just isn't. If it is, then Christianity wants f**s to burn in hell as evidenced by the representation of Westboro.

Remember when Husker fans chanted "Sal's Dead, Go Big Red!" CU fan sure does. ....except I've noticed that it was a chant, and a sign at the game, and a billboard on the way out of town.

Perhaps not as serious as any of this but an example with strong similarities.

Nobody I know associated with BLM would have any part of the videos shown above......and even if they did it doesn't make up for or justify the endless videos and reports of police using excessive force on people of color.

You are in denial once again LOMS if you don't believe that there is a link between the BLM movement and these anthem protesters.

You are in denial once again LOMS if you don't believe that there is a link between the BLM movement and these anthem protesters.

I got to witness a BLM protest last year (on UNL's campus) and am very much against them because of it. That being said, while BLM may try to piggy back the anthem protests I don't think that they were originally connected. I personally get a much different vibe from the players protesting than I did from the BLM rally.

Christ, man. How hard is it for you to keep up?

I'm not talking about the anthem protestors. I'm talking about the people in your video shouting for dead police, and I'm pointing out that just because they say they are part of Black Lives Matter doesn't mean they are a fair representation of what the movement stands for.

Just like Westboro Baptist Church isn't a fair representation of what Christianity stands for.

Just like Donald Trump isn't a fair representation of what the Republican party stood for.

Just like bad cops aren't representative of what law enforcement stands for.

Just like the racist shitbags telling MRI that he should be hanged don't represent what Nebraska football fans stand for.

• Fire 4