What Did We Learn - Illinois

Mavric

Team has made some great strides but needs to clean up the penalties and be more consistent to stand a chance against Wisconsin and Ohio State.

Tommy still throws off his back foot and across the field, against Wisconsin and Ohio State those passes could be intercepted.

Team is lacking depth, hoping we don't see any more injuries this year.

Let's be honest. We aren't a playoff team. And to actually compete right now for a conference title would take several things going in our favor. We're good, not great.

That said, man I love this team. 78-6 in the 4th quarter! I don't care who you're playing, that is friggin awesome! We play like knuckleheads at times, sometimes a lot, but we find a way to win every week.

We grind and wear out defenses and impose our will and it's just so damn fun to cheer for this year. Pretty damn proud of this team thus far.

• Fire 5

Overall not a complete performance, nor was last week. Tight game at home 3.5 quarters against a top 100 team. Hard times may be ahead. things are going to settle out like they have most of the last ten years. Finishing playing second fiddle, but since Wisconsin is good, third fiddle.

• We really are a 4th quarter team. I was skeptical after three games, but we have done it 5 games in a row now, so something good is happening

We can no longer win the TO margin. This is two games in a row. DBs no longer look for the ball, and RBs are putting too many balls on the turf

We are getting into a bad habit of turning the ball over inside the 20

1. Penalties are improving. Still really hurt the one drive.

2. S&C coach is earning his pay. We look like the strongest team in the 4th quarter.

3. Runthedangball guy ought to be happy today. Way to play "Keep away, Huskers."

4. Despite still having some warts, this is not a bad team.

5. Still waiting for 4 quarters of dominating performance.

1. We are 5-0 and it feels good. But I learned that I better savor it over these next two-three weeks because we're a good football team... not a great one. And when we face Wiscy and OSU it could get ugly.

2. I learned that, warts and homerism and all, I wouldn't trade Tommy for any other QB in college. He's an absolute warrior.

3. I learned that Terrell Newby is better than I thought he was. He's not a great back we'll remember for years like Helu/Rex/Ameer, but he deserves the carries he gets. Nice game, Newby!

It's very possible Newby is our most complete back. And IF we can get him in the open field he's dangerous.

Carlos Davis had a couple nice plays as well.

Biggest issue is we need to get healthy. Today took a toll on our guys.

I like Newby a lot and I think he is our most complete back. In a balanced offense I'd pick Newby over Ozigbo and vice versa in a run heavy offense. I do enjoy the Huskers having them both though. :)

I understand that stat counts carryover wins from adjacent seasons. But Nebraska has only had one winning streak of 6 games within the same season and that was 2012. Best start to a season is 5-0 which happened 3 times, 2003, 2010, and 2014.

Let's keep it going!!!

I'm betting we go into Madison @ 7-0.
We stand a great chance. But, watching Indiana right now that will not be a gimme win. Timely bye week for us.