1st Place In The West

Wisconsin playing their tough half of the schedule first. In order for us to win the division, we'll have to beat either them or Ohio State(and not lose any other game)..It's going to be tough. They need to play better than they did to accomplish that.

I think our best hope is that Wisconsin is upset by someone else along the way. I don't see us winning either of those games.

We might well win our first seven games this year only to lose four of the last five. It's going to be a serious -- and pleasantly surprising -- accomplishment if Nebraska can take the West title this season. Let's not get too dizzy over this 5-0 start and the #15 ranking just yet.

• Fire 1

We might well win our first seven games this year only to lose four of the last five. It's going to be a serious -- and pleasantly surprising -- accomplishment if Nebraska can take the West title this season. Let's not get too dizzy over this 5-0 start and the #15 ranking just yet.

That coach got fired.

Not that I really disagree with you. There have just been so many games that the old team would have rolled over and let the other team put up 50 unanswered. Plus, I remember all the Oregon State fans saying Riley is good for at least one upset every season. It is so hard to let down my guard and be hopeful for a meaningful season, but I'm almost there.

• Fire 1

That's the understatement of the year. The record's neat and everything but we have yet to play a good football team.

We might be first, but I doubt any of us are real comfortable with some of the things we've seen. Having said that though, past Husker teams would've folded in games like this so I'm loving the drive and determination they are showing. That Wisconsin game is going to be huge, Iowa is not playing well at all and very well might take themselves out of the race for the West fairly soon. The game in Wisconsin may be for who goes to Indy at the end of the year.

Wisconsin's defense is awesome though.

​Not really because LSU, MSU, UM all have statues in the backfield and run traditional offenses. They haven't faced anything comparable to what we run until next weekend with a mobile QB and an offense that will spread them out and take advantage of their lack of speed. I expect them to run the ball well against our defense to make it close, but as long as we get good Tommy, we shouldn't have a problem putting up enough points to win the game.

• Fire 1

I think we stay happy as long as we can. This is not going to continue when we hit the meat of the schedule. We are closer, but we are not there yet. Our hope for Wisconsin is that they are beat up as bad as we are or a little worse, the following weekend will be a curb stomping I think.

Indiana looked pretty good, and Washington State is up 44 to 20 over Oregon. Our prize pig win is not looking so good right now.

Coach Riley is getting us closer, the kids are believing in themselves, so anything can happen. But I have real concerns for Indiana, Wisconsin and THE Ohio State University.

• Fire 2