Moving Past Notre Dame and Texas?

Bowfin

I looked around a little bit, and the lists of "all time wins" are like snowflakes: No two are ever exactly alike. :dunno One even had Nebraska already ahead of Texas.

That being said, I think Nebraska gains ground on Notre Dame and Texas.

I'd start with any list that has Nebraska with 887 (current) wins. If that isn't our number, or 880 (minus this year's wins) then it's inaccurate.

I suppose I could troll through some other teams' sites and see what they show for year-to-year results. Not doing that for 100+ teams, though. And probably won't do it for a while. But it's worth looking into. It'd be fun offseason fodder.

I looked around a little bit, and the lists of "all time wins" are like snowflakes: No two are ever exactly alike. :dunno One even had Nebraska already ahead of Texas.

I'd start with any list that has Nebraska with 887 (current) wins. If that isn't our number, or 880 (minus this year's wins) then it's inaccurate.

I suppose I could troll through some other teams' sites and see what they show for year-to-year results. Not doing that for 100+ teams, though. And probably won't do it for a while. But it's worth looking into. It'd be fun offseason fodder.

I can see the confusion - ties are 1/2 or 0, vacated wins. Do our victories over Omaha YMCA and Lincoln High count?

I haven't checked but I think aTm is at 980 already (counting spring games and other mythical wins in there 14 national championships) :lol:

If Stassen is correct, it's currently:

1. Michigan - 932

2. Notre Dame - 894

3. Texas - 889

4. Nebraska - 887

5. Ohio State - 881

Well, here is Texas's remaining schedule:

Baylor L

TT W

W Virginia L

KU W

TCU W

I'm seeing them at 3-2 with that schedule. Of course, as we see many times in college football the wheels can always fall completely off and start losing to even really bad teams. I will be a big J Hawk fan that weekend. I would love it if they would lose every single one but I doubt if they do.

Notre Dame's remaining schedule:

Miami W

Navy L

Army L

VT L

USC L

Now, let's say we split the next two and win the rest. That's 4-1.

So, end of regular season:

ND 895

Texas 892

Nebraska 891

I think we will have to wait till next year to pass either of them. BUT...next year we could make a big move in the rankings.

We'll also have a bowl game. If it rolls right, maybe we tie Texas based on your analysis. I could also see texas loosing to either TT or TCU. Then we could move ahead of them.

I purposely just did regular season. I agree with TT and TCU. As I said in my comment, once a team starts having a really bad year, the wheels can fall completely off.

I can see the confusion - ties are 1/2 or 0, vacated wins. Do our victories over Omaha YMCA and Lincoln High count?

I haven't checked but I think aTm is at 980 already (counting spring games and other mythical wins in there 14 national championships) :lol:

That's the kind of thing being discussed at the Stassen link I originally shared. He says something about his winning percentage calculator not considering games played against lower competition (and that such games have been color coded elsewhere on his site).

• 4 weeks later...