Westerkamp, Carter Likely Out Against Indiana

Mavric

I'm just worried about Indiana scoring at will.

I'm concerned about it but I wouldn't say I'm overly worried about their scoring.

They averaged 30.6 points per game basically against nobodies. It's not like they were putting up 50-60-70 points. Against a good defense against MSU, they only scored 24 and that took overtime.

Yes, they can score and we may need to score in the 30s to beat them. I'm pretty confident we can do that. We've been there or above every game except NWU and that was mainly because of two weird plays at the goal line.

They don't have the D line like Illinois had so that is a positive for Carter being out since his blocking is underrated. That said, we have Farmer back at RG. We are deep at WR, but you can't duplicate Westerkamp....though Stanley has been solid on 3rd downs lately. Zo is back

Saw an article that said 11 of Stanley's 13 catches have gone for 1st downs.

They don't have the D line like Illinois had so that is a positive for Carter being out since his blocking is underrated. That said, we have Farmer back at RG. We are deep at WR, but you can't duplicate Westerkamp....though Stanley has been solid on 3rd downs lately. Zo is back

Saw an article that said 11 of Stanley's 13 catches have gone for 1st downs.

Dude is just an absolute beast, no doubt in my mind he makes a huge splash next year.

The biggest loss here is the lack of blocking from Cethan. Hopefully we can plug someone into that role if Cotton can't handle it. Westy is a huge loss no matter what but I'd rather him be healthy for Wiscy.

If we get past Indiana and win that game I'm for sitting them both for the Purdue game and giving them that extra week. There is ZERO reason we shouldn't beat Purdue easily. They are a terrible football team from what I've heard. We need all hands on deck for Wisconsin.

• Fire 1

Sam Cotton may not be the pass-catching threat that Cethan Carter is, but from what I've noticed of him this season he's been just fine. We'll be OK with Sam for the next couple weeks at least.

Sam is doing a fine job but what it does hurt us when we go to our ACE personnel, and we utilize Cethan as a wing instead of a traditional TE. This way he is much more dangerous to the defense bc of him being able to go across the formation and hurt them with our Load and Split zone looks and it is killer in PA boot game. I think Sam has been great and will probably get a few more balls thrown his way, but it will hurt our 2 TE sets which Langs loves to use and we will lack an explosive threat from the TE position..