Maybe Bill Snyder was on to something....or maybe not

Like hell we'd follow Texas into a new conference. We're about to make $40-50 million a year from the Big Ten. No way we turn that down for a conference without a solid foundation. The real conversation should be about bringing in OU to the Big Ten West.

Amen to that. Would love to see OU join us. Maybe Kansas (for basketball) - then I could see the Huskers play in Oklahoma again - just a short drive from Tulsa. I think that makes more sense - What about the AAU thing - is that an obstacle?

What is required for Nebraska to go back to the Big 12

1) No talks until after the conference kicks out Texas

2) Conference kicks out Texas

3) Listen to the proposal

4) No matter what the proposal is, refuse it saying "Not interested, we are good where we are but thanks any way. Especially to all the former Big 8 schools for not backing us in the 90s"

Like hell we'd follow Texas into a new conference. We're about to make $40-50 million a year from the Big Ten. No way we turn that down for a conference without a solid foundation. The real conversation should be about bringing in OU to the Big Ten West.

Amen to that. Would love to see OU join us. Maybe Kansas (for basketball) - then I could see the Huskers play in Oklahoma again - just a short drive from Tulsa. I think that makes more sense - What about the AAU thing - is that an obstacle?

AAU is a smoke screen obstacle at best. If OU offered itself to Jim Delaney, he would take them.

Favorite line in that thread : Occasionally Nebraska might send the Big 12 a "Hey...." text at 130 in the morning, but that doesn't mean they want to get back together.[/size]

LOL!!!

That reminds me of something that happened years ago when I was delivering pizzas. One night it was snowing here in Denver and we already had a foot of new snow on the ground when I reported for duty at 5 in the evening. The roads were so bad the people on the telephones were quoting hour and a half delivery times at one point. On North Huron St there are two large apartment buildings and both have the same address but one is "A" and the other is "B", but the apartments aren't numbered 101A and 101B, so you need the letter on the street address to know the difference. Well, one order taker didn't get the letter so I had to stop at a pay phone to call (yeah, this is more years in my past than I care to admit) and the guy is pissed. He's accusing me of being late (reference the delivery times noted above) and it had barely been 30 minutes and on top of that he doesn't seem to want to give me the letter for his building because he already gave it to the order taker.

He's acting like such a huge dick over the phone and it was really starting to annoy me, so before I took his pizza up to his apartment, I wrote down his phone number. When I got to his apartment he opened the door, handed me a check for the exact amount, grabbed the pizza from me and slammed the door in my face. Several nights a week I was a closer and that night was one of them. On my way home I remembered that I had the guys phone number so the next pay phone I saw, I pulled over. It's past 2 am. And I call him. When he picks up the phone I said, "go take a piss and go back to bed" and I hung up. The next night I closed, I called him again, this time from a different pay phone. I called this guy every time I closed for the next 3 weeks. By the time I was done calling him this guy was picking up the phone raging at me and I'd laugh at him and hang up.

Moral of the story, don't piss off your pizza man. Not only does he have your address, he also has your phone number. :)

• Fire 2

All I ever did as a delivery driver was save numbers of cute girls and text them later

Cell phones were around when my story happened, but they were huge, like bricks, and very few people had one. And texting hadn't been invented yet, grasshopper. :)

from-brick-to-slick-38-years-of-cellphon

Multiple edits trying to hotlink the picture, gave up and uploaded it to photobucket.

Edited by Elf
  • 2 weeks later...