Maybe Bill Snyder was on to something....or maybe not

You're making me quote Dirk. Don't make me quote Dirk ever again.

Why Nebraska IS NOT headed back to the Big 12

Before we engage in real sports issues for the day, let’s take a moment and address a topic that should’ve been buried a long time ago.

NEBRASKA IS NOT RETURNING TO THE BIG 12 CONFERENCE ... or anything resembling the Big 12. Especially if Oklahoma is gone. Got it? Do we need to say it together?

The latest silly rumor comes from Tim Montemayor, a radio host with an apparent fondness for dopey sources.

Nebraska, according to Montemayor, has been exploring a return to the Big 12 for a year. Texas and Nebraska, Montemayor reports, “are not the enemies people made them out to be.”

Haha. OK, buddy. You obviously haven’t spent any time in Lincoln taverns.

There is a legitimate question whether the Big 12 is better for Husker fans. The Big 12 provided longstanding, natural rivalries. We all miss the convenience and familiarity of Big Eight neighbors. But there is absolutely no debate whether the the Big 12 is better for the University of Nebraska.

It’s not even close. And not just because the Big Ten is more prestigious academically. Not just because the Big Ten is far more lucrative financially — NU will soon be receiving more than $50 million in media rights. No, the biggest reason — just like six years ago — is the stability of the Big Ten.

• Fire 3

NOTE: I merged r06ue1's thread (post #34) about Nebraska rejoining the Big 12 with the thread from a couple of days ago on the same topic. I probably should have put the combined thread into Rumorville. But didn't since it's a bye week, and Husker news is scarce.

Carry on! :lol:

• Fire 1

The only way we are leaving the Big Ten at this point is if we are secretly in talks with Oklahoma, Texas, Michigan, Ohio State, Tennessee, LSU, Florida State, Miami, Missouri, USC, and UCLA to form a Super Big 12.

So I'm gonna go ahead and keep leaning WAY the hell towards no we aren't leaving anytime soon.

The only way we are leaving the Big Ten at this point is if we are secretly in talks with Oklahoma, Texas, Michigan, Ohio State, Tennessee, LSU, Florida State, Miami, Missouri, USC, and UCLA to form a Super Big 12.

So I'm gonna go ahead and keep leaning WAY the hell towards no we aren't leaving anytime soon.

Can we get in that conference yesterday?

Aren't they pretty much echoing everything that's being said here? It doesn't seem like anyone over there thinks this is serious.

The Big Ten is quickly catching up to the SEC in terms of competitiveness and the money has always been there. What logical reasons could there possibly be to go back. I would want all the leaders fired if they even considered this.