Cornerback Recruiting

That attitude though. Clearly we have 10 CBs and Lamar Jackson came to just sit around.

If you're good, you play. If you're not, you whine.

Ya, doesnt make sense. If we have soooo many good CBs why is a true freshman getting so many reps??

Thinking of the numbers:

Seniors: Boaz Joseph and Charles Jackson

Juniors: Chris Jones and Joshua Kalu

Sophomores: Aaron Williams and Antonio Reed

R.Freshman: Eric Lee

True Freshman: Lamar Jackson

RedShirting Freshman: Bootle and Dismuke

After next year we'll have 7 likely CBs with the lost of Joseph and Jackson, and moving either Reed or Williams to safety. By the end of his redshirt year, we would only have 5 with Jones and Reed moving on. Maybe the lack of competition is the reason he committed to Iowa, but every team is going to have some competition. He might as well get some now if he expects to make a career in the league.

Thinking of the numbers:

After next year we'll have 7 likely CBs with the lost of Joseph and Jackson, and moving either Reed or Williams to safety. By the end of his redshirt year, we would only have 5 with Jones and Reed moving on. Maybe the lack of competition is the reason he committed to Iowa, but every team is going to have some competition. He might as well get some now if he expects to make a career in the league.

Avery Anderson is in the mix too, no?

Thinking of the numbers:

Anderson has moved back to Safety (where he played in HS).

Joseph is a Jr. this year. AWilliams and Reed are safeties by trade who play Nickel and Dime, respectively.

Thinking of the numbers:

Think CJax actually quit football due to injuries.

Jones and Kalu gone after next year. Joseph wont contribute except for STs.

A. Williams okay but needs to improve and really is more of a safety. Reed is a Safety.

Lee, Bootle, and Dismuke unproven.

Jackson will be good.

Thinking of the numbers:

Anderson has moved back to Safety (where he played in HS).

Joseph is a Jr. this year. AWilliams and Reed are safeties by trade who play Nickel and Dime, respectively.

Oh yup yup. My bad

A. Williams okay but needs to improve and really is more of a safety.

I mean .... everyone can improve but ...https://twitter.com/PFF_College/status/783853796468424705
He worries me on the outside though. I can see him being good on slot, but when i see him on outside i worry. Not sure what it is. Probably more of a me problem.
He's a safety that also happens to be our best Nickleback. Highly unlikely we see him at CB, ever.

A. Williams okay but needs to improve and really is more of a safety.

I mean .... everyone can improve but ...https://twitter.com/PFF_College/status/783853796468424705

He worries me on the outside though. I can see him being good on slot, but when i see him on outside i worry. Not sure what it is. Probably more of a me problem.

He's a safety that also happens to be our best Nickleback. Highly unlikely we see him at CB, ever.

Yeah, I'd say basically 0% chance he ever gets moved to an outside CB spot.