Perfect Time to Discuss This Scenario

Pob was warming up on the sidelines when Armstrong went down. Fyfe isn't a good qb imo and I don't see him being able to win us games. I stand corrected, it was Fyfe. I still think pob would give us a better shot over fyfe.

Of course he was. Why wouldn't the third string guy warm up when the first string guy goes down? He's only one injury/equipment malfunction/ejection away from going in.

POB is not nearly ready to go. This fascination with the guy has to stop. He's got skills but he's raw. He has a long way to go before he's game-ready. We're better off going with Fyfe for the rest of the season and not throwing an unready O'Brien into the fire.

You put a guy out there who's not ready for live bullets and it can tank his career. People need to chill with the O'Brien talk.

You do know that true and redshirt freshman have played across this land and some have done quite well against us.

POB is not nearly ready to go. This fascination with the guy has to stop. He's got skills but he's raw. He has a long way to go before he's game-ready. We're better off going with Fyfe for the rest of the season and not throwing an unready O'Brien into the fire.

You put a guy out there who's not ready for live bullets and it can tank his career. People need to chill with the O'Brien talk.

You do know that true and redshirt freshman have played across this land and some have done quite well against us.
Yes, plenty of true and RS Freshman have succeeded in college football. However, from what I have heard, POB is nowhere near ready to run the offense and NU would probably be in deep S if he were the QB this year. I think NU would be in deep S if Fyfe had to start or play significant time in a close game. Armstrong's health is key to the success of this season.

It's happened a couple times, therefore why isn't POB starting and winning the Heisman this year!?

Marko, that's unlikely to be the case for POB. Wasn't he a late blossomer in high school precisely because he didn't really dedicate himself to football (vs other sports) until later on?

Then again, you never know. If he's ready and he's the best, I'm sure they'd turn it over to him. But Fyfe seems to have a solid, solid grasp on the #2.

It's happened a couple times, therefore why isn't POB starting and winning the Heisman this year!?

there are about 10 guys a year who can come in and actually play well, but there is only one guy who can win every game he starts by 50 points, and that guy is POB
  • Fire 2