Worst Announcing Job of All-Time

I'm still trying to figure out they call ineligible receiver downfield on the WR who the pass was thrown to in the end zone.

And how they throw a flag for intentional grounding.......when the receiver almost catches the pass. Even though they corrected the call, how is it made in the first place.

And the intentional grounding they did call, Newby was within a few yards of where the ball landed.

It sure seems like they don't show replays on a lot of the plays where penalties are called.

I'm still trying to figure out they call ineligible receiver downfield on the WR who the pass was thrown to in the end zone.

And how they throw a flag for intentional grounding.......when the receiver almost catches the pass. Even though they corrected the call, how is it made in the first place.

And the intentional grounding they did call, Newby was within a few yards of where the ball landed.

It sure seems like they don't show replays on a lot of the plays where penalties are called.

I'd like to see a replay but I'm assuming the call was Morgan was covered by another receiver in the formation so he was ineligible.

The referee threw the intentional grounding flag because it's his job to watch the QB so he saw TA heave the ball out of bounds as he was going down and didn't see the receiver that was there.

Newby was in the area but TA has to get the ball a little closer to at least give the look of attempting to throw the ball at him.

I'd like to see a replay but I'm assuming the call was Morgan was covered by another receiver in the formation so he was ineligible.

The referee threw the intentional grounding flag because it's his job to watch the QB so he saw TA heave the ball out of bounds as he was going down and didn't see the receiver that was there.

Newby was in the area but TA has to get the ball a little closer to at least give the look of attempting to throw the ball at him.

Could be on the Morgan call, then it's another case of them not showing a replay of important call.

If he saw him heave the ball out of bounds then he would have had seen where it ended up. I couldn't tell who threw the flag, but the only time the white hat should throw a flag for IG is if the ball hits the ground nearby. Because like you said, he's watching the QB, so how does he know if there is a receiver in the area if the throw is anywhere downfield.

I agree with you, it looked like he was throwing it away. But that's irrelevant if a receiver is in the area. And that ball did hit the ground near the QB, but the referee didn't throw the flag initially.

Could be on the Morgan call, then it's another case of them not showing a replay of important call.

If he saw him heave the ball out of bounds then he would have had seen where it ended up. I couldn't tell who threw the flag, but the only time the white hat should throw a flag for IG is if the ball hits the ground nearby. Because like you said, he's watching the QB, so how does he know if there is a receiver in the area if the throw is anywhere downfield.

I agree with you, it looked like he was throwing it away. But that's irrelevant if a receiver is in the area. And that ball did hit the ground near the QB, but the referee didn't throw the flag initially.

I agree that he should have checked before throwing the first one. I think he looked late and just didn't see that there was a Husker there.

On the second one, "in the area" is subjective. Newby was about eight yards away and he missed him by about four. That's leaving too much room for interpretation.

I agree that he should have checked before throwing the first one. I think he looked late and just didn't see that there was a Husker there.

On the second one, "in the area" is subjective. Newby was about eight yards away and he missed him by about four. That's leaving too much room for interpretation.

On the last one, I would like to have seen it from a different angle. I couldn't tell exactly how far, it just looked to me that Newby "was in the area". But you're right about it being subjective.

But it does illustrate to me some of the inconsistencies of the crew that the head guy throws the flag on a play that absolutely shouldn't have had one, but doesn't on one that might have warranted one.

Not Beth ever. Her voice sucks the life out of the game. I'd rather listen to Cuntingham.

Cunningham is a twat. Dude gets all butthurt begging for targeting on one of their WR screens (when the WR was still driving for the LOS), yet didn't say sh#t when tommy got drilled after one of his passes on the previous drive.

I'd take Beth Mowens over him any time.

No way. Cunningham picks a side and rides that narrative the entire game. Announcers are supposed to be neutral, and accentuate the play on the field (ala Joe Tessitore). Ed is blatantly obvious that he has a rooting interest.

Cunningham is a twat. Dude gets all butthurt begging for targeting on one of their WR screens (when the WR was still driving for the LOS), yet didn't say sh#t when tommy got drilled after one of his passes on the previous drive.

Ed is pretty bad, but I would never go that far. She is the worst announcer in all of sports.

• Fire 1

Ed is pretty bad, but I would never go that far. She is the worst announcer in all of sports.

I get annoyed with Beth. But Ed literally causes me to say expletives at him through the TV.

• Fire 1

The baltimore colts comment still baffles me

At the time the camera was showing a guy in the stands wearing all blue with the Indianapolis Colts hat and shirt on. I don't know if Ed was making a joke about the Colts who were formerly based in Baltimore or if he really thought they were still in Baltimore. Hard to say with him but the guy looked like he made a wrong turn and stood out like crazy in a stadium of all red and white.

• Fire 1

On the last one, I would like to have seen it from a different angle. I couldn't tell exactly how far, it just looked to me that Newby "was in the area". But you're right about it being subjective.

But it does illustrate to me some of the inconsistencies of the crew that the head guy throws the flag on a play that absolutely shouldn't have had one, but doesn't on one that might have warranted one.

That wasn't even in the ballpark of Newby, so I had no problem with the call. TAs pass wasn't even thrown towards Newby. Like Mav said he was eight or so yards away but the throw was no where close to said area.

A couple of no call holds on Indiana near the end, which is not one bit shocking based on past games, and Stanley getting an arm held when trying to make deep catch were the only ones I would say were blown by the officials.