WR Joshua Moore [Texas - Signed LOI]

Mavric

HuskerBoard Predictor  

136 members have voted

1. 1. To which school will Moore commit?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 02/04/2018 at 08:20 PM

Actually I think Bolts 40 wouldn't be eye popping. 60 may be different though.

Bolt actually is pretty weak out of the blocks. His thing is at the 40 meter mark he starts hitting a gear that mortal men don't have.

Kind of true. He is solid out of the blocks. The thing that separates him is that his 10m intervals do not slow down from 60-100. Most sprinters slow down from that spot on, but he can maintain his top speed longer. BTW Josh Moore is an extremely fast HS wr and I would live to have him on our team

This ^ 100% - the kid is fast. There might be a 5% chance that he is 4.38 fast however there is a 95% chance that he is WR Fast and will be a huge asset to our Wideout group. Why does every thread have to be filled up with BS about 1 or 2 facts that may or may not be correct that are or aren't even relevant - the kid is a stud and who cares if his time is 4.38 or 4.44.

WTF MAN do you realize how stupid you sound? Do you know how many kids ACTUALLY run a 4.44? Do you know how many guys at the combine have ran a 4.44 or lower in the last 13.4 years? GAHL dude.

Talking about stupid - who talks about the last 13.4 years???? I used a random number hence the 4.44 it could be 4.5 or 4.55 - who cares the point is that kids always have numbers that are not realistic until they get to college. But the kid does have speed and it will show at the next level. The point of the post was that it gets old that guys like to go off on potential recruits about things that are far from important at this stage.

By the way, thanks for proofing my point!!!

But keep posting so that guys like me can learn from guys like you - LOL

Usain Bolt is pretty tall too. Bet he would turn in a decent 40 time

Again, how is the best sprinter in the world relatable to a 17 year old? Watch out Mav, they're out for blood
Kind of joke geared toward the fact he is tall and fast. HS kids can be tall as well. Can they be tall and fast? I think it's allowed.

Actually I think Bolts 40 wouldn't be eye popping. 60 may be different though.

Bolt actually is pretty weak out of the blocks. His thing is at the 40 meter mark he starts hitting a gear that mortal men don't have.

Kind of true. He is solid out of the blocks. The thing that separates him is that his 10m intervals do not slow down from 60-100. Most sprinters slow down from that spot on, but he can maintain his top speed longer. BTW Josh Moore is an extremely fast HS wr and I would live to have him on our team

This ^ 100% - the kid is fast. There might be a 5% chance that he is 4.38 fast however there is a 95% chance that he is WR Fast and will be a huge asset to our Wideout group. Why does every thread have to be filled up with BS about 1 or 2 facts that may or may not be correct that are or aren't even relevant - the kid is a stud and who cares if his time is 4.38 or 4.44.

WTF MAN do you realize how stupid you sound? Do you know how many kids ACTUALLY run a 4.44? Do you know how many guys at the combine have ran a 4.44 or lower in the last 13.4 years? GAHL dude.

Talking about stupid - who talks about the last 13.4 years???? I used a random number hence the 4.44 it could be 4.5 or 4.55 - who cares the point is that kids always have numbers that are not realistic until they get to college. But the kid does have speed and it will show at the next level. The point of the post was that it gets old that guys like to go off on potential recruits about things that are far from important at this stage.

By the way, thanks for proofing my point!!!

But keep posting so that guys like me can learn from guys like you - LOL

The Joke

-

-

-

-

-

You

/sarcasm

2. I used to report 40 times in the stories on Husker commits, but rarely do so now because I just flat don't trust what I hear and say unless you know it was posted at a major camp where the time was electronic.

You see all these high schoolers running 4.3s and 4.4s, yet all you have to do is pay attention to the NFL Combine to realize guys who were incredibly fast in college might still run 4.5s when officially timed.

Fake 40 times have made people not understand a 4.6 is actually pretty darn fast. A 4.5 fast is really fast. A 4.4 can be accomplished by very few.

Remember Denard Robinson? He ran a 4.43 at the combine. USC's Adoree Jackson, who had the fastest kickoff return I ever saw against Nebraska, ran a 4.42.

I mention that before sharing this: A Husker commit and Husker target both ran 40s at the IMG Academy this week that were supposedly below both those numbers.

According to what Brendan Radley-Hiles reported on Twitter, his time was a 4.32. And wide receiver Joshua Moore, who will announce his commitment on June 18, said he posted a 4.38.

Both are really fast guys. Even if those came from a handheld time, that tells you that. I'm just saying it should be understood by now that not all 40 clockings are created equally.

LJS

• Fire 4

He ran a 4.67 at the opening

For what it's worth we have a "really fast" guy committed at wide reciever with Cam Brown running a 4.51 at the opening in Chicago. Now that's speed!

Edit: not to say Joshua couldn't have bettered his time or that he is not as good of a prospect as Cam. Still the number 1 guy I hope we land this class.

• Fire 2

Do you think a huge pick up like that persuades someone like Fuller to stay on board or the room filling up with a lot of talent pushes him away? I recognize they'd have different roles.

Can see it going either way though. Hopefully it's seen as with that talent on the field with me, I'm going to get more opportunities with coverage spread thin.

Hopefully we can close on Moore!

Wiltfrong will change his if he feels like it's gonna happen. Maybe he is just waiting a little longer. Probably week of if it happens.

Is Josh still planning on visiting FSU before he decides? That was the reason Warren and Wiltfong previously didn't change their predictions.
  • Mavric changed the title to WR Joshua Moore [Texas - Signed LOI]
  • seaofred92 unpinned this topic