Injury updates

mwj98

TA and Marcus Newby still out.

Planning for Fyfe to start though he still isn't taking snaps from under center.

If he can't take snaps under center yet, is he able to hand the ball off? Thoughts on the plan if he gets hurt?

No and no. I can't believe we are not hearing more about Darlington getting reps. From all reports, Tommy is out, and Ryker, while likely to play, is one unfortunate tackle or awkward fall away from not being able to return. Where is the plan B?

Planning for Fyfe to start though he still isn't taking snaps from under center.

If he can't take snaps under center yet, is he able to hand the ball off? Thoughts on the plan if he gets hurt?

No and no. I can't believe we are not hearing more about Darlington getting reps. From all reports, Tommy is out, and Ryker, while likely to play, is one unfortunate tackle or awkward fall away from not being able to return. Where is the plan B?

My thoughts exactly. I don't think there is a plan B...... UT defense is stout. I imagine that Fyfe will get hit a few times. As you said, one hit or awkward fall and he's done. Now, he did play injured against Maryland, but it was Maryland.

Darlington was splitting the reps earlier. Not sure if that's still the case.

Sounds like Darlington is still just the emergency plan. Hadn't played QB for quite awhile until a month or so ago. I don't think they're particularly worried because Fyfe is expected to be fine by game time. Now he he would get hurt again.....

UT defense is stout.

Actually they aren't. But I agree with the rest of what you said

Maybe we should start a Healthy update thread, save us some time. /s

Man we are not in good shape.

Further proof of 2 things IMO. We need better depth. The kids that come and then leave thinking they are buried on a depth chart or will take "X" years to see the field need to realize that for the past several years, NU has gone deep into its roster to get guys on the field. They are 1-2 injuries away from getting playing time.

As I pretty much watch most college teams, but obviously follow NU, i wonder how many other teams are this "thin" when injuries hit....