This is why.

Yes, we have all seen the games and remember the struggles. But that wasn't what that comment was about. You seem to have made it a mission to make people see this season the same way you do.

The comment was about how Minnesota, Maryland and Iowa will be cakewalks, and the comment is wrong. It's as wrong as saying we should have rested Tommy for the Purdue game. None of these games will be easy, none of these teams will fold over.

Yes, we have all seen the games and remember the struggles. But that wasn't what that comment was about. You seem to have made it a mission to make people see this season the same way you do.

The comment was about how Minnesota, Maryland and Iowa will be cakewalks, and the comment is wrong. It's as wrong as saying we should have rested Tommy for the Purdue game. None of these games will be easy, none of these teams will fold over.

Nowhere in the original comment did it say cakewalk, that's simply what you inferred. I took it as compared to our next two severely hard games the remaining games would be easier to win, which is pretty much spot on.

Nowhere in the original comment did it say cakewalk, that's simply what you inferred. I took it as compared to our next two severely hard games the remaining games would be easier to win, which is pretty much spot on.

Nowhere in the original comment did it say 'easier', that's simply what you inferred. What it actually said was 'relatively easy', which leaves room to interpretation, but is not spot on, imo :)

It's the same thing this year, though we're a little bit better and a lot luckier.

It's possible that it might be a bit of an understatement to just say that "...we're a little better."

Our defense is significantly better.

Hopefully so. I mean it looks significantly better, especially in the second half. But I still see very pedestrian quarterbacks being able to stand flat footed, scan the secondary and throw unhurried passes. And I worry what better quarterbacks will do against this same defense.

I like that they make adjustments and finish strong.

It's the same thing this year, though we're a little bit better and a lot luckier.

It's possible that it might be a bit of an understatement to just say that "...we're a little better."

Hopefully so. I mean it looks significantly better, especially in the second half. But I still see very pedestrian quarterbacks being able to stand flat footed, scan the secondary and throw unhurried passes. And I worry what better quarterbacks will do against this same defense.

to be fair David Blough isn't pedestrian that guy is a baller even if the rest of the team is bad

to be fair David Blough isn't pedestrian that guy is a baller even if the rest of the team is bad

Um ....... he's #86 in the country in completion percentage and #88 in passer rating. I guess technically you could be right that he isn't pedestrian if you meant he is less than that. :dunno

Um ....... he's #86 in the country in completion percentage and #88 in passer rating. I guess technically you could be right that he isn't pedestrian if you meant he is less than that. :dunno

he is also on the worst teams in the Big 10. Things like that tend to make good players look less than stellar
  • Fire 1

he is also on the worst teams in the Big 10. Things like that tend to make good players look less than stellar

So what are you using to say he is otherwise?

Because he didn't exactly light the world on fire against Eastern Kentucky or Cincinnati either.

Their QB hasn't impressed me at all this year. I refuse to learn his name or their names or whatever. I just wanna make the dude famous by sacking him 5+ times and picking him off 4+ times.

Their starting QB has 5 TD's and 6 INT's on the season. IDK why everyone thinks that they are so unbeatable. It will be a tough physical game, but I wouldn't call it an upset if/when we do win. Vegas having them as a 9 point favorite right now looks like easy money to me.

Their QB hasn't impressed me at all this year. I refuse to learn his name or their names or whatever. I just wanna make the dude famous by sacking him 5+ times and picking him off 4+ times.

Their starting QB has 5 TD's and 6 INT's on the season. IDK why everyone thinks that they are so unbeatable. It will be a tough physical game, but I wouldn't call it an upset if/when we do win. Vegas having them as a 9 point favorite right now looks like easy money to me.
Totally agree. They were rotating QBs last week. I agree with the old maxim: "If you don't know who your starting QB is, you don't have a starting QB on your roster." QB is winning games in spite of their QB play, not because of it.

Also agree on the craziness of a 9 point line. The only P5 team they've beat by more than 9 is Michigan State and they're garbage this year. With that said, my downstairs neighbor is from Wisconsin and I have a bet with him on the game and he gave me 14 points. Haha.

I expected Iowa to get throttled and they did. That team has a very good defense and one playmaker on offense- who is injured. We can and should be competitive. We had their number last year and they'll be just as nervous as the Huskers with the same thing on the line.

Who was Iowa throttled by?

If you watched the Wisconsin Iowa game you would know who. A very close fumble at the goal line was a ten point swing & Wisconsin was missing their kicker. The backup missed 2 FG that should have been made. That game could have easily been 30-9 or worse.

Gotta say....I am totally jacked for this game. I am starting to get that same feeling I used to get when we were a top ten team and going into a big game against OU, CU or Mizzou. This game means one hell of a lot. The atmosphere is going to be nuts.

Crap...I want to start chugging beers already and it's not even Saturday yet.

• Fire 1