Cases of Election Fraud

This has been talked about a lot in the run-up to this year's elections. Post here if you see articles showing actual examples of election fraud. Here's a storyI just ran across with two people busted for falsifying ballots:

Two women busted for election fraud in Miami-Dade

A 74-year-old woman tasked with opening envelopes sent by Miami-Dade County voters with their completed mail ballots was arrested Friday after co-workers caught her illegally marking ballots, resulting in an unknown — but small — number of fraudulent votes being cast for mayoral candidate Raquel Regalado.

Investigators linked Gladys Coego, a temporary worker for the county elections department, to two fraudulent votes, but they suspect from witness testimony that she submitted several more.

In a separate election-fraud case, authorities also arrested a second woman for unlawfully filling out voter-registration forms on behalf of United for Care, the campaign to legalize medical marijuana in Florida.

The Miami-Dade state attorney’s office accused Tomika Curgil, 33, of filling out forms for five people without their consent. She also submitted at least 17 forms for people who apparently don’t exist — and several forms for people who are dead.

• Fire 1

This article mentions the two from your article plus another man from Virginia.

A Virginia man was also charged with submitting falsified forms while working for a voter-registration campaign, state prosecutors said.

Vafalay Massaquoi, 30, was arraigned on two felony counts of forging a public record and two counts of voter registration fraud.

"There is no allegation that any illegal vote was actually cast in this case," said Virginia Commonwealth's Attorney Bryan Porter. "Furthermore, since the fraudulent applications involved fictitious people, had the fraud not been uncovered, the risk of actual fraudulent votes being cast was low."

I saw an article the other day about some republican guy voting in Colo and Kansas. Seems like most of these issues are rather small and don't have an affect on the election.

Not like the claim that JFK won the presidency because of massive voter fraud in Chicago.

I saw an article the other day about some republican guy voting in Colo and Kansas. Seems like most of these issues are rather small and don't have an affect on the election.

Not like the claim that JFK won the presidency because of massive voter fraud in Chicago.

If you live in Florida and New York or own property in both states, you can legally vote in both. I am not sure if that applies to all states but I highly doubt it does. Someone voting twice isn't going to change the outcome of an election, but regardless voter fraud happens. It happens and its just part of the election, some will probably happen this year as well. The UN I heard is apparently watching the election for voter fraud, that is ridiculous they can let American citizens watch the election for fraud. Thanks Obama for having the UN watch the US election which people from our own country could easily do. Regardless it happens and it can be stopped but it will have a minor impact on the election.

If you live in Florida and New York or own property in both states, you can legally vote in both. I am not sure if that applies to all states but I highly doubt it does. Someone voting twice isn't going to change the outcome of an election, but regardless voter fraud happens. It happens and its just part of the election, some will probably happen this year as well. The UN I heard is apparently watching the election for voter fraud, that is ridiculous they can let American citizens watch the election for fraud. Thanks Obama for having the UN watch the US election which people from our own country could easily do. Regardless it happens and it can be stopped but it will have a minor impact on the election.

It is a violation of federal election law to vote in more than jurisdiction in the case of federal candidates, no matter the technical rules of the local state laws. I don't believe it is legal to vote in either state if you vote in any other state - period. The problem is that the local precincts don't attempt to verify eligibility. This is supposed to occur when voting actually occurs. The polling place is supposed to verify you are properly registered to vote and that you are properly registered. It is a crime to vote in the wrong place within a state or to vote in any state EXCEPT the state in which legally reside. You can only have ONE legal residence and it is generally the state you call 'home' or where you intend to call your home. You may own 'residences' or houses for example all over the place but ONLY one can be your 'residence' for tax and voting and driver's license etc. purposes. Most basic residence requires some amount of time 'residing' there again reside means intent to call it your primary home.

It is a violation of federal election law to vote in more than jurisdiction in the case of federal candidates, no matter the technical rules of the local state laws. I don't believe it is legal to vote in either state if you vote in any other state - period. The problem is that the local precincts don't attempt to verify eligibility. This is supposed to occur when voting actually occurs. The polling place is supposed to verify you are properly registered to vote and that you are properly registered. It is a crime to vote in the wrong place within a state or to vote in any state EXCEPT the state in which legally reside. You can only have ONE legal residence and it is generally the state you call 'home' or where you intend to call your home. You may own 'residences' or houses for example all over the place but ONLY one can be your 'residence' for tax and voting and driver's license etc. purposes. Most basic residence requires some amount of time 'residing' there again reside means intent to call it your primary home.

Yea my bad I said someone could vote legally in Florida and NY, it is not legal, but some people do it. Again if someone got away with it, they wouldn't change the whole election by voting twice. I bet it happens but so few people do it that it won't make or break the election.

Thanks for clarifying my mistake I worded it wrong.