Cases of Election Fraud

24 minutes ago, Landlord said:

If the Dems do that, which is very possible and a frightening proposition, it will just perpetuate the myth of redemptive political vengeance, which might get some s#!t done in the next 2-6 years but will make things even worse in 10.

The problem we have is a large number of Republicans think that’s what’s happening already. They already conjure up a faux equivalence for every unprecedented event that’s occured the past several years. I posted it already but a friend of a FB friend argued with me against all reason that she had never seen any evidence at all (while staring in the face of said evidence) that there was any voter suppression going on by the GOP and that the accusation was “gross.”

I’m still not saying the Democrats should do it. It just pisses me off how good the GOP is at duping a large % of the population. Trump said this week that Democrats are bad politicians, and he’s correct. 

• Plus1 1

5 minutes ago, knapplc said:

This is crazy. My wife lived in Dodge City during the 2004 election, and there were plenty of places to vote. It is a decently sized town. She voted at a church or community center that year, without any problem. We currently live in a town almost half the size of Dodge City, and we have 3 or 4 voting precincts. What is happening in Dodge City now is an intentional effort to limit voter turnout, with an obvious impact on the high number of low-income Hispanic voters.

• Plus1 3
  • Haha 1
31 minutes ago, Ulty said:

This is crazy. My wife lived in Dodge City during the 2004 election, and there were plenty of places to vote. It is a decently sized town. She voted at a church or community center that year, without any problem. We currently live in a town almost half the size of Dodge City, and we have 3 or 4 voting precincts. What is happening in Dodge City now is an intentional effort to limit voter turnout, with an obvious impact on the high number of low-income Hispanic voters.

Hopefully voters are taking advantage of this...

Lyft Partners With Voto Latino to Help Get Dodge City Voters to the Polls

48 minutes ago, knapplc said:

If they're anything like the working-class Latinos I know, they're not going to be able to vote at 10:25 A.M. anyway. They're currently at work.

Hopefully Lyft is ready and they turn out in big numbers when they get off. 

But yeah, this is exactly the kind of crap you would expect from a Kobach-led Kansas election. That picture is showing exactly what they intended it to do.

• Plus1 1

• 4 weeks later...

https://www.cnn.com/2018/12/04/politics/north-carolina-house-race-mccrae-dowless-absentee-ballots/index.html

The man at the center of an election fraud investigation in a North Carolina congressional race turned in nearly half of the requests for absentee ballots in a single county, records released Tuesday by the state's elections board show.

Leslie McCrae Dowless, a veteran political operative in Bladen County who was convicted of insurance fraud in 1992 and was connected to questionable absentee ballot activity in another election, is at the center of a probe into unusual activity in the county.

Here are a few more articles that articulate how deep the voting fraud went:

https://www.npr.org/2018/12/01/672531061/amid-fraud-allegations-state-election-board-wont-certify-north-carolina-house-ra

In Bladen and Robeson counties, some 3,400 absentee ballots failed to be mailed back to election officials, according to NPR member station WFAE. That equates to 40 percent of mail-in ballots in Bladen County and 64 percent in Robeson, according to a Raleigh News & Observer analysis. Gerry Cohen, an elections expert in North Carolina, told WFAE that when people go through the process to request an absentee ballot, they often return them. "The return rate is usually about 80 or 90 percent," he said.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/2018/12/05/shoe-leather-reporting-boosting-north-carolinas-explosive-election-fraud-investigation/?noredirect=on&utm_term=.7a4d9847b80e

There's a lot more to this North Carolina race in these reports:

• The counties that Leslie oversaw for his Republican candidate saw a serious statistical anomaly with the number of African-American absentee ballots requested, but not returned, compared to all other counties in the state. 
  • Leslie picked up absentee ballots from all sorts of voters under false pretenses (which likely  the first bullet).
  • Leslie was reportedly paid cash under the table for delivering the votes for these counties.
  • Similar issues took place in the Republican Primary for the state, but were not investigated. 

---

And in case anyone is questioning why this voter fraud is important, it's because:

• It's being perpetrated by the party that claims they're against such things (a lie, I know...shocking!)
  • The race in question is separated by only 905 votes...an amount easily eclipsed by the absentee ballot fraud Leslie was involved in. 

• Plus1 1
  • 2 months later...