Cases of Election Fraud

Fears of voter fraud only increased this week, after a California man found a stack of 83 mail-in ballots shipped to a single neighbor's apartment.

Jerry Mosna of San Pedro found the two stacks of ballots on top of his mailbox on Saturday. All of the 83 ballots were unused and addressed to different people, all supposedly living in an apartment he knows to be occupied by a single, 89-year-old, neighbor.

'I think this is spooky,' Mosna told Fox News. 'All the different names, none we recognize, all at one address.'

Mosna says that his neighbor lives by herself in a two-bedroom apartment so small that eighty people couldn't even fit in the apartment.

So he and his wife Madalena took the ballots to the Los Angeles Police Department, hoping they would investigate.

Instead, police sent them to the post office to report the incident.

Mosna left the police station feeling certain that the ballots would not be investigated and he's now certain that voter fraud is going on.

Link

I'd believe either of two things about that apartment story:

Someone is trying to "vote early/vote often" with fake ballots/fake names.

Someone is trying to make it seem like voter fraud is happening, and fabricated this.

Have any of those stories on Fox, Brietbart, etc, named this woman? I'd like to know if she's been arrested, or contacted by any authorities.

• Fire 1

Not election fraud per se, but...

https://twitter.com/ariberman/status/795275999739056128

This is a reason for lots of these decisions, but in every other case they pretend it's not. This a-hole just came right out and said it.

I think closing the voting window has the biggest negative effect on poor voters who live in big cities - in other words, minorities/democrats.

In my hometown in Nebraska you can go vote and it takes about 20 minutes. There's no way that's the case in a city.

Update to the Mosna story, since we do not simply say "Fire", we follow up:

http://ktla.com/2016/11/03/possible-voter-fraud-being-investigated-in-san-pedro-after-83-ballots-are-mysteriously-delivered-to-one-womans-apartment/

In a statement, the registrar's office said it is looking into the issue and believes it is likely a fluke clerical error.

"We are carefully reviewing our records and gathering information to fully identify what took place," the office wrote. "Our preliminary assessment is that this appears to be an isolated situation related to a system error that occurred causing duplicate ballots to be issued to an address entered for a single voter. We are working directly with the system vendor to ensure the issue is addressed and to identify any similar occurrences."

Further, U.S. Postal Service representative Brenda Duran said the agency "has indicated that they returned all of the improperly addressed ballots to our office."

National elections standards also dictate that all mailed ballots are checked against the signatures of the voter’s original registration prior to being processed and tabulated.

Here's another possible case of voter fraud (only if he casts a ballot in that district, though).

Trump campaign chief Steve Bannon is registered voter at vacant Florida home

Donald Trump’s new presidential campaign chief is registered to vote in a key swing state at an empty house where he does not live, in an apparent breach of election laws.

Stephen Bannon, the chief executive of Trump’s election campaign, has an active voter registration at the house in Miami-Dade County, Florida, which is vacant and due to be demolished to make way for a new development.

“I have emptied the property,” Luis Guevara, the owner of the house, which is in the Coconut Grove section of the city, said in an interview. “Nobody lives there … we are going to make a construction there.” Neighbors said the property had been abandoned for several months.

Interesting.

I don't know that I'd consider this voter fraud, but if I was a Trump supporter it'd drive me up a friggin' wall.

U.S. voters look to game election system by 'trading' ballots

Sophy Warner wanted to vote for third-party U.S. presidential candidate Jill Stein. But she worried that her ballot, cast in the swing state of Ohio, might help Republican Donald Trump capture the White House.

Through the website "Trump Traders," the 20-year-old biology student at Cleveland State University got in touch with Marc Baluda, 44, a Republican corporate lawyer in California who opposes Trump's candidacy and planned to vote for Democratic nominee Hillary Clinton.

The two strange bedfellows made a deal worthy of congressional horse-trading: Warner would vote for Clinton in Ohio, where polls show a tight race, while Baluda would cast a ballot for the Green Party candidate Stein in California, where Clinton is assured of winning the state's electoral votes.

Tens of thousands of voters, the vast majority seeking to prevent a Trump presidency, have signed up on "vote-swapping" exchanges in advance of Tuesday's Election Day. There is no way to verify the ballots are cast as agreed, though some people are taking "ballot selfies" in states where such photos are legal.

Trump Traders had matched 40,000 voters as of Monday, according to co-founder John Stubbs. Although that may be a small fraction of the electorate, a few hundred votes could make a difference in a state where the race is close.

Interesting.

I don't know that I'd consider this voter fraud, but if I was a Trump supporter it'd drive me up a friggin' wall.

Sophy Warner wanted to vote for third-party U.S. presidential candidate Jill Stein. But she worried that her ballot, cast in the swing state of Ohio, might help Republican Donald Trump capture the White House.

Through the website "Trump Traders," the 20-year-old biology student at Cleveland State University got in touch with Marc Baluda, 44, a Republican corporate lawyer in California who opposes Trump's candidacy and planned to vote for Democratic nominee Hillary Clinton.

The two strange bedfellows made a deal worthy of congressional horse-trading: Warner would vote for Clinton in Ohio, where polls show a tight race, while Baluda would cast a ballot for the Green Party candidate Stein in California, where Clinton is assured of winning the state's electoral votes.

Tens of thousands of voters, the vast majority seeking to prevent a Trump presidency, have signed up on "vote-swapping" exchanges in advance of Tuesday's Election Day. There is no way to verify the ballots are cast as agreed, though some people are taking "ballot selfies" in states where such photos are legal.

Trump Traders had matched 40,000 voters as of Monday, according to co-founder John Stubbs. Although that may be a small fraction of the electorate, a few hundred votes could make a difference in a state where the race is close.

That is interesting.

It would be pretty hard to say that is illegal or some how fraud. People are free to make whatever voting alliances they so choose.

Interesting.

That is interesting.

It would be pretty hard to say that is illegal or some how fraud. People are free to make whatever voting alliances they so choose.

According to what you posted, one person one vote doesn't mean a God damned thing.

http://www.slate.com/blogs/the_slatest/2016/11/07/those_insanely_long_early_voting_lines_were_a_result_of_republican_voter.html

In July, the 4th Circuit blocked this legislation from taking effect this election cycle, holding that it violated both the Voting Rights Act and the Equal Protection Clause as a race-based voting restriction. But Republican-controlled county election boards implemented the early voting cuts anyway. (These boards retainpower over county-level voting practices and claimed they had decided independently to roll back early voting, not implement the now-blocked law that did the exact same thing.) The boards colluded to cut early voting—and Sunday voting especially—in Democrat-heavy areas, as GOP election board chairmen urged each other to follow the “party line.” When one Republican chairman agreed to open a Sunday voting site where black voters could cast ballots after church, his fellow GOP chairmen called him a “traitor.” The transparency of these suppression efforts is staggering: On Sunday, the North Carolina GOP boasted that black early voting is down this year, when that fact is almost certainly attributable to Republicans’ own attack on black voting.

Ultimately, North Carolina counties cut an astonishing 27 voting sites altogether this year and dramatically reduced early voting hours in many of the remaining sites. The result was entirely predictable: monstrously long lines that force voters—many of them elderly—to stand outside for hours upon hours just to cast a ballot.

Deplorable.

• Fire 1

Interesting.

That is interesting.

According to what you posted, one person one vote doesn't mean a God damned thing.

How???