Cases of Election Fraud

I've heard that joke about a dozen times today, including a local radio show that's syndicated in several states. Tyler of Todd N Tyler fame said as they were going to commercial this morning that Democrats vote today, Republicans vote tomorrow. Made me uneasy even though it was pretty clear it was a joke.

• Fire 1

Yes, I've seen it from both sides*. It's dangerously improper and should be criminal. Some people actually don't know, or would be swayed by it. Not everyone frankly has the luxury of being "in" on jokes of this nature.

This is a good example of when a joke is not a joke.

*I'd clarify that scale, type, and source seem to vary here. Or at least, they did when it started out. Shame on the so-called liberals who have latched onto imitation.

I've heard that joke about a dozen times today, including a local radio show that's syndicated in several states. Tyler of Todd N Tyler fame said as they were going to commercial this morning that Democrats vote today, Republicans vote tomorrow. Made me uneasy even though it was pretty clear it was a joke.

i cracked a joke late last night in a status that i hear every election...

My election prediction. Democrats take early lead but it disappates in afternoon once republicans get off work.

i cracked a joke late last night in a status that i hear every election...

My election prediction. Democrats take early lead but it disappates in afternoon once republicans get off work.

We live in the same town. Pretty sure voting locations have been busy all day. Heck, my voting location (E Free Church) was out of stickers by 10am. There must be more Democrats in good ole Hastings than I thought.

• 1 month later...

YOU GUYS ARE NOT GOING TO BELIEVE THIS BUT...

All This Talk of Voter Fraud? Across U.S., Officials Found Next to None

After all the allegations of rampant voter fraud and claims that millions had voted illegally, the people who supervised the general election last month in states around the nation have been adding up how many credible reports of fraud they actually received. The overwhelming consensus: next to none.

In an election in which more than 137.7 million Americans cast ballots, election and law enforcement officials in 26 states and the District of Columbia — Democratic-leaning, Republican-leaning and in-between — said that so far they knew of no credible allegations of fraudulent voting. Officials in another eight states said they knew of only one allegation.

A few states reported somewhat larger numbers of fraud claims that were under review. Tennessee counted 40 credible allegations out of some 4.3 million primary and general election votes. In Georgia, where more than 4.1 million ballots were cast, officials said they had opened 25 inquiries into “suspicious voting or election-related activity.”

But inquiries to all 50 states (every one but Kansas responded) found no states that reported indications of widespread fraud. And while additional allegations could surface as states wind up postelection reviews, their conclusions are unlikely to change significantly.

The findings unambiguously debunk repeated statements by President-elect Donald J. Trump that millions of illegal voters backed his Democratic opponent, Hillary Clinton. They also refute warnings by Republican governors in Maine and North Carolina that election results could not be trusted.

And they underscore what researchers and scholars have said for years: Fraud by voters casting ballots illegally is a minuscule problem, but a potent political weapon.

“The old notion that somehow there are all these impostors out there, people not eligible to vote that are voting — it’s a lie,” said Thomas E. Mann, a resident scholar at the Institute of Governmental Studies at the University of California, Berkeley. “But it’s what’s being used in the states now to impose increased qualifications and restrictions on voting.”

• Fire 3

YOU GUYS ARE NOT GOING TO BELIEVE THIS BUT...

All This Talk of Voter Fraud? Across U.S., Officials Found Next to None

After all the allegations of rampant voter fraud and claims that millions had voted illegally, the people who supervised the general election last month in states around the nation have been adding up how many credible reports of fraud they actually received. The overwhelming consensus: next to none.

In an election in which more than 137.7 million Americans cast ballots, election and law enforcement officials in 26 states and the District of Columbia Democratic-leaning, Republican-leaning and in-between said that so far they knew of no credible allegations of fraudulent voting. Officials in another eight states said they knew of only one allegation.

A few states reported somewhat larger numbers of fraud claims that were under review. Tennessee counted 40 credible allegations out of some 4.3 million primary and general election votes. In Georgia, where more than 4.1 million ballots were cast, officials said they had opened 25 inquiries into suspicious voting or election-related activity.

But inquiries to all 50 states (every one but Kansas responded) found no states that reported indications of widespread fraud. And while additional allegations could surface as states wind up postelection reviews, their conclusions are unlikely to change significantly.

The findings unambiguously debunk repeated statements by President-elect Donald J. Trump that millions of illegal voters backed his Democratic opponent, Hillary Clinton. They also refute warnings by Republican governors in Maine and North Carolina that election results could not be trusted.

And they underscore what researchers and scholars have said for years: Fraud by voters casting ballots illegally is a minuscule problem, but a potent political weapon.

The old notion that somehow there are all these impostors out there, people not eligible to vote that are voting its a lie, said Thomas E. Mann, a resident scholar at the Institute of Governmental Studies at the University of California, Berkeley. But its whats being used in the states now to impose increased qualifications and restrictions on voting.

How do we know if there is no way to check?

• 3 months later...

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

500 ineligible voters cast ballots in North Carolina

The State Board of Elections report said the 508 cases — the vast majority active felons — represented a small fraction of the 4.8 million ballots cast. The report didn't include any evidence of coordinated fraud, and many of the voters claimed to be confused about their eligibility.

The audit's findings contradict Republican claims that voter fraud runs rampant in North Carolina.

"That's 508 ineligible votes, so that's something that is never going to be acceptable," the board's executive director Kim Strach said in an interview. "But the perspective is the number of people that we had vote in this election was unprecedented, and it's a tiny, tiny, tiny fraction."

The audit comes amid scrutiny of voting practices in North Carolina and around the country, with President Donald Trump recently claiming without evidence that scores of immigrants voted illegally nationwide. The North Carolina audit confirmed 41 votes by non-citizens.

The report said the board expects to refer all 441 cases of active felons voting to local prosecutors who will decide whether to pursue charges. Under North Carolina law, convicted felons must complete probation or parole before they have the right to vote again.

The report cited 24 substantiated cases of people illegally voting multiple times in the election.

Two other violations involved people completing an absentee ballot for a relative who died weeks before Election Day. Both people, whose names were redacted, said they picked Republicans.

One told a Board of Elections investigator in an email that the person's mother gave the following instructions for her absentee ballot the day before she died: "She said, 'OK and if anything happens you have my power of attorney and you be sure to vote for Donald Trump for me'."

87% of these cases were felons voting, the majority of whom said they were confused about their legal rights.

4.8 million votes were cast in North Carolina. Of those, 0.00010583333% were fraudulent. If that was indicative of the national average, that would mean about 13,600 fraudulent votes were cast during the last presidential election, out of 128,824,833 votes.

• Fire 1

I know of one case. My daughter's boyfriend's sister voted twice, once at home in Colorado and once where she attends college in Illinois. She voted for Hillary twice. :ahhhhhhhh

Seriously though, I wonder how often this happens with college students who maintain two addresses???

I know of one case. My daughter's boyfriend's sister voted twice, once at home in Colorado and once where she attends college in Illinois. She voted for Hillary twice. :ahhhhhhhh

Seriously though, I wonder how often this happens with college students who maintain two addresses???

And she did this knowingly? ...obviously.