Advice In Madison?

GidGBR

Hi guys, new member here. My wife and I are traveling over to Madison tonight and meeting some friends for the game tomorrow. Never been in the area, and this is the first big 10 stadium I will have been at, besides Nebraska's, so I don't know what to expect at all. Just looking for any advice. I read the Wisconsin person's post about the big Halloween event going on- thanks for sharing on that!

Any other advice? Bars to hit? Is there gonna be parking lots to tailgate in beforehand, or will we be better off just bar hopping? We want to have a good time but that Halloween event may look like more than we are looking for lol.

Thanks in advance!

• Fire 1

Welcome to huskerboard.com, hope to see you stick around. I've never been there, but from what I understand there isn't really a tailgating area per se. It sounds like you just hop from bar to bar and that's the norm for the area. I've heard more negatives than positives about going to a game in Madison. I've heard a lot of people complain about how they were treated in Madison, but again I've never been there. One poster mentioned a specific bar that was mainly where the visiting fans were at, but I can't remember who said that. I believe it was one of our Wisconsin fans that have visited the site in the past week.

My suggestion is to go to the Wisconsin scout site and find the tailgating board. There's a pinned post near the top of the board that has a lot of good advice. The farmer's market on the Capitol square is great for people watching tomorrow morning, but it's a night game, so you might want to save your energy a little. Also, lot 60 does have tailgating, but in my opinion, the pageantry is more at the bars and beer gardens nearer to the stadium. I would also recommend checking out the student Union and going out on the terrace at some point in your visit.

We're here as first timers too. Nice clean place. College bars are all around the stadium but about 2 miles away upby capitol are nicer adult bars. Everyone very nice. Also state street will be shut tomorrow night for freakfest, which everyone seems excited about. It starts at 7 too. 35000 attended last year.

We're here as first timers too. Nice clean place. College bars are all around the stadium but about 2 miles away upby capitol are nicer adult bars. Everyone very nice. Also state street will be shut tomorrow night for freakfest, which everyone seems excited about. It starts at 7 too. 35000 attended last year.

Wait...you were served? You must not be wearing Husker gear.

Hey GidGBR, I am a Husker transplant in Madison. If you want to meet up with other Husker fans before the game tomorrow, go to Echo Tap tomorrow. It will e about a mile walk from there to the stadium but there will also be shuttles too. Essen House is another Husker friendly bar to go to. It is a ways from the stadium, though, north of the capital. There are a ton of bars on Regent street. They are all pretty much the same, with the ones closer to the stadium being more crowded.

There are not many parking lots around the stadium for tailgating. But there are few around the UW campus that do tailgating. If you are willing to go early and wait in line, Mickies Dairy Bar is a good place to go for breakfast. Expect traffic to be crazy tomorrow due to Freakfest.