What Did We Learn - Wisconsin Edition

I learned that while a close loss is way less embarrassing than the blow outs we had been used to, the close loss stings for a little longer when you know the final score should have been 24-23.

I learned this Husker team still has grit and a great mentality, but I also can say I'm not sure we learned much. Our offense performed about how you would expect against a top notch D, not very good but nearly good enough. Our defense played well but let's be honest, the Wisconsin offense isn't much better than what we've seen all year.

This was good to show we can hang but I think next week is going to be more telling. We have the talent to beat Ohio State if they play how they have the past month. We have an experience edge on them as far as players go. How will we respond if the Buckeyes come out on fire? Can our defense play with their athletes? Will our offense be able to score 4 touchdowns on this team? We shall see, but I love our players resiliency all year so I am confident they will respond next Saturday.

I learned this team is better than their first half-season schedule indicated.

I learned they play their asses off even when the chips are stacked against them

I learned they have the potential to make next weeks game very competitive

I learned most media types are idiots and the players proved them all wrong

I learned we're still in the hunt for the West Division and the B10 championship

I learned that under Pelini this team would have knuckled under after the first TD

I learned this team is a far cry better than last years team

I learned this team has made significant progress during the off season

I learned that despite the loss, this team still has a lot to fight for the remainder of this season.

I learned that Huskerboard is home to arguably the greatest collection of untapped coaching talent the world has ever....and I mean EVER seen

DPE jet sweep game=not so much

DPE screen game=potentially lethal

Stanley Morgan Jr is going to be a flat out dude the next couple years. Like rewrite the record books good. That reception he had were he juked 2 Badger defenders and almost got away from the 3rd was awesome.

I'm going to miss Banderas and (especially) Gerry...they're squeezing every last drop out of their Senior year and showing the young guys how it's done

Nebraska games will kill a few people towards the end of the year as the swings and emotion will be too much for some folks.

• Fire 2

I learned we are better than I thought we were.

I've been saying we were over-ranked and I was scared about this game (and OSU). I thought we showed great, just didn't finish it out. We are a legit Top 12 team in my mind.

Wisconsin's 2nd team RB must have a magic spell of invisibility. How could we lock down Clements and then this guy would run all over us like mini- Melvin Gordon?

Carlos Davis is gonna be a stud.

Defense played very well. Had some miscues when the RB who I can't pronounce let alone spell ran wild....

We are a player here or there from being very good.

Depth on OL was and is a problem. Milt never "rotated", but when we hung tons of points and our reserves got quality time we developed depth Cav needs to review this idea......gotta get guys the reps.

Langs needs a passing QB to make his O run.....

We will miss the seniors on this team....Westy, Newby, Gerry, Bando, Carter to quickly name a few (not trying to exclude any)

Refs can't spot a ball accurately in the B1G, why should I be surprised they didn't see the PI.

Whisky passed the eyeball test. There D and depth was incredible........why can't we get that skill here? (on both sides)

Their D reminded me of our 2009 D. Game changers at every level, but screwed by an anemic O.....

No quit in this team.

They are no longer the mentally fragile team of the past.

I think we served notice last night that NU is on the right track.

Still think of fiddy needs a spot in the front office

Pleased with Langs through first 5 games, not so much the last 3....

I learned that there area a bunch of supposed Husker "FANS" who only come on this board when we're losing or after we've lost to bitch and moan.

I learned that some people will always blame the play calling instead of the lack of execution.

I learned that some people will always hate whatever Langs calls.

I learned that Tommy still can't throw off his back foot.

I learned that our team is one to be proud of - dedicated, focused and making due with less than optimal resources.

I learned that Wisconsin isn't all that, or that maybe we're much better than we've played all year.

I learned that the Blackshirts are for real.

I learned that we're going to bring it hard to OSU next week.

I learned that I can not go to the game time thread here on the board.

I haven't been this pissed off by a loss since probably 2010's multiple implosions. I'd like to say I learned something, but I'm just completely deflated by that one.

Now that I'm a little calmed, I am proud of the way this team performed overall. Hostile environment, quality team, big stage night game, huge divisional matchup and a division title basically on the line. We came close, just wasn't quite enough.