"These aren't Bo Pelini's Cornhuskers, folks."

My God. I've done my share of responding to this troll but at some point we all need to pretend he doesn't exist.

I've had cardinal Moony husker blocked for a long time but still get to read half his stuff since Patrick gets quoted so often

I've had him on ignore for months but I still peak sometimes.

Is "climax" a synonym for "peak"?

I suppose. Also, you smell funny.

• Fire 1

Pelinis huskers would have likely crushed that delapidated wisky team. It's unfortunate that people want to keep bringing him up though.

I can understand badger fans loving our new system though.

there is nothing to support this as true

This post currently has 27 +1s. That has to be a record, no?

I feel honored but this is a collective record as we all knew cm's original post was bullshyte

Against a terrible Luke Fickell coached OSU who lost their starting QB at home...good job Pelini

So help me out here...are you saying a Bo Pelini win against Ohio State was less of an accomplishment than a Mike Riley loss against Wisconsin? If not, what are you saying?

Be careful, you are boxing yourself into a corner.

No, we are trying to shed some light on how tOSU comeback wasn't exactly the huge accomplishment you tried to make it out to be. Fun as it was, it did nothing in the long run, they piddled out that year and we did what we didn't win our division.

If you want to compare the two games it's apples and oranges, and you know and understand that.

Part of your statement is incorrect :) . The game actually helped us get MR. Bo already thought he was hot sh!t before the game and the win made him even more determined to take his NU success and ride away to the SEC - unfortunately for him and us it didn't happen. Luckily his future actions got him over the hump.

actually i think that win put it in bos head that he was getting the Ohio st gig after that season. It was that night "they can all kiss my ass out the door"

Maybe in Bo's head but I highly doubt he had a legit shot at that job. I really don't get why some Husker fans can't move on from Bo. He isn't that good of a coach and he wasn't going to win championships at Nebraska. I am surprised you stuck with him as long as you did.

Against a terrible Luke Fickell coached OSU who lost their starting QB at home...good job Pelini

So help me out here...are you saying a Bo Pelini win against Ohio State was less of an accomplishment than a Mike Riley loss against Wisconsin? If not, what are you saying?

No, we are trying to shed some light on how tOSU comeback wasn't exactly the huge accomplishment you tried to make it out to be. Fun as it was, it did nothing in the long run, they piddled out that year and we did what we didn't win our division.

If you want to compare the two games it's apples and oranges, and you know and understand that.

Part of your statement is incorrect :) . The game actually helped us get MR. Bo already thought he was hot sh!t before the game and the win made him even more determined to take his NU success and ride away to the SEC - unfortunately for him and us it didn't happen. Luckily his future actions got him over the hump.

actually i think that win put it in bos head that he was getting the Ohio st gig after that season. It was that night "they can all kiss my ass out the door"

Maybe in Bo's head but I highly doubt he had a legit shot at that job. I really don't get why some Husker fans can't move on from Bo. He isn't that good of a coach and he wasn't going to win championships at Nebraska. I am surprised you stuck with him as long as you did.

I agree. That's why i said in his head.

In 2010 after his total meltdown at Texas A&M, which is probably the most obvious and egregious screwjob in the history athletics at any level in any sport, so his behavior was seen by many as warranted. But not by our Chancellor. Perlman was a tool. Instead of addressing down a chain of command through the AD or directly with Bo in private, Perlman went public and answered questions about it, condemning it publicly. That pretty much set Bo off, and if youre really honest, the Pelini era was never the same after that. Bo is a hypersensitive dude obviously, and that little thing that most guys would just brush off and move along really irked him. So everthing after that was more about "I'll show him" or "i'll show these ppl then i'll leave". Combine that with all the negativity following the Wisconsin blowout in 2011 leading up to that Ohio St game, Bo being a well known Ohio St alum, and Ohio St being in a market for a coach after the Tressel issues, I think that win that night really cemented in Bo's mind he was gonna get a serious look at that job. it was gonna be his "I showed you f'ers" moment.

Just a little detailed history around that dynamic and why it's mentioned. Obviously Bo wasnt a serious candidate.

• Fire 1

My God. I've done my share of responding to this troll but at some point we all need to pretend he doesn't exist.

I've had cardinal Moony husker blocked for a long time but still get to read half his stuff since Patrick gets quoted so often
I've had him on ignore for months but I still peak sometimes.
Is "climax" a synonym for "peak"?

I suppose. Also, you smell funny.

tumblr_mb7vmkTPFJ1ql3ugao2_250.gif

Pelinis huskers would have likely crushed that delapidated wisky team. It's unfortunate that people want to keep bringing him up though.

I feel honored but this is a collective record as we all knew cm's original post was bullshyte

there are two reason:

1) it was a great short reply

2) CM unfortunately has a large following

I agree. That's why i said in his head.

In 2010 after his total meltdown at Texas A&M, which is probably the most obvious and egregious screwjob in the history athletics at any level in any sport, so his behavior was seen by many as warranted. But not by our Chancellor. Perlman was a tool. Instead of addressing down a chain of command through the AD or directly with Bo in private, Perlman went public and answered questions about it, condemning it publicly. That pretty much set Bo off, and if youre really honest, the Pelini era was never the same after that. Bo is a hypersensitive dude obviously, and that little thing that most guys would just brush off and move along really irked him. So everthing after that was more about "I'll show him" or "i'll show these ppl then i'll leave". Combine that with all the negativity following the Wisconsin blowout in 2011 leading up to that Ohio St game, Bo being a well known Ohio St alum, and Ohio St being in a market for a coach after the Tressel issues, I think that win that night really cemented in Bo's mind he was gonna get a serious look at that job. it was gonna be his "I showed you f'ers" moment.

Just a little detailed history around that dynamic and why it's mentioned. Obviously Bo wasnt a serious candidate.

That AtM game was a screwjob, and Pelini wasn't wrong to go off on the officiating. But he was reprimanded, not for going off on the officiating, but for going off on HIS OWN QUARTERBACK. It was the sort of out-of-control rage-panic that we'd get to see a lot more of from Bo in the coming years.

Perlman certainly could have handled that situation better, and I'm sure Bo felt betrayed. But goddam if you're not right that Pelini held that grudge for the rest of his time here at NU, and never got over being butthurt about it. I too would tab that AtM game and aftermath as the beginning of the end of the Bo Pelini era.

I got over 80 one time, not to brag or anything *brushes off shoulders*

• Fire 1

This actually tears it for me.

You are absolutely trolling this board. There is seriously no other explanation for it.

You should honestly be banned for trolling. There is no way in hell that you could actually believe that. *Nobody* believes that. The same Bo that was blown out multiple times by not getting his defense to intelligently read the jet sweep? That Bo Pelini?

You're trolling this board. No question about it at this point. You've done an epic job.

• Fire 5